Horizons Music may have stolen my money

OneSeventy

VIP Junglist
This could be a little lengthy as I will be explaining everything in an effort to get a response or advice but for those that can't be bothered reading all of this: I bought a t-shirt off Horizons Music over two and a half months ago for my brother's birthday and they have not sent it to me, have not refunded me and have stopped answering my messages entirely. Basically that's theft, right?

I want to know what I can do if anyone can offer advice. Obviously living in New Zealand means I can't do much, and I'm not trying to taint the name of what was one of my favourite labels, but I really didn't think they would let me down like this. :(

I purchased the Horizons Music Black Spray t-shirt through their website on the 15th of May for £17.80 including shipping. It was for my brother's birthday on the 31st of May – I figured two weeks should be long enough from the UK to NZ. It normally is.

I don't have all the messages from my correspondence with them, but I'll paste below what I do have:

First Message – Late May: I was asking when it will be sent. I was told first week of June.

Second message – 14th June:
"Hi,

Am I able to please get an update on my order?

It has been a while and I haven't heard anything. Last I heard, it was supposed to be in stock in the first week of June.

Thanks,

Oliver."

Horizons Reply – 15th June:
"Oliver will be end of june now, will be coming with free cd - a good one ;)
will be dreamthief 3

Neil"

Third Message – 8th July:
"Hi again,

I am still waiting on the shirt I ordered a month or two back. I was last told it would be late june, but that has been and gone. :(

When will it be now? Is it worth waiting or should I be asking for a refund?

Oliver."

Horizons Reply – 8th July:
"13th july its due, sorry Oliver we are sending emails with updates on the shirts, guess you arent reading them or going into your spam folder.

Nearly with us though

Neil"

**At this point I checked my junk mail folder. There was nothing from Horizons Music at all.**

Fourth Message – 17th July:
"Hi,

I was told that the t-shirt that I ordered would be in on the 13th of July, but it's now the 17th and I haven't heard anything. This was for my brother's birthday on the 31st of May and I feel like I am getting the run-around.

I was also told that I should have been receiving t-shirt update emails but I checked my email and junk mail and there was nothing.

I saw on Facebook that Horizons posted a picture of new t-shirt stock. Was the one I ordered not part of this?

If not, I would like to request a refund please.

Oliver."

Horizons Reply – 18th July:
"Oliver they only arrived on friday, thats why we posted it on our facebook...on that day.

they have all been sent for packing and sending to all who ordered. There is no run around, if anything we had that with our supplier.

Neil"

I have not received a reply from Horizons since that last message, despite me sending two messages to them. One on about the 27th of July asking for a refund if the shirt was not in stock at that time, and this second message on the 2nd of August (Thursday):

"Hi,

Please refund my money. This is not good enough at all.

I have paid for a t-shirt and you have not provided the t-shirt in the two and a half months you have had.

I messaged nearly a week ago asking for a refund and you have not replied. Please give MY money back.

Oliver."

What do I do? Does anybody here know the Horizons staff? I just want my money back so I can get my brother a replacement present.

Last edited:
It's pretty hard from New Zealand. Trouble is, I don't know how I would find a phone number, and I don't know how expensive it would be to call the UK. Could be close to the amount I have spent on the t-shirt and I don't see why I should pay either! :(

Still if anyone has their phone number, if they can PM it to me I'll give it a shot.

There are no contact details on the Horizons Music site, just a "contact us" box which is what I have been using for all the above messages.

Mate, two and a half months ago is fine, I've waited almost a year to get my T and it wasn't even the colour I asked & it wasn't a quality T ; thing I was most furious about was that they haven't even gimme something like free downloads, some stickers for the (HUGE) delay.. Well I was very disappointed.

I've never had problems with them when I bought CDs tho, always impeccable.

Afaik, Neil is alone running the biz.. so add him on facebook or write on Horizons' wall!

Heard nothing but bad things about their online shop so won't use them. Similarly, I was relieved of my money through the DNBA shop last week for a tune yet was never sent the temporary login needed to download it or the zip file containing the tunes. DNBA are useless cunts, avoid.

Guy you're dealing with in those emails comes across as a cunt, that would make my blood boil.

Last edited:
Mate, two and a half months ago is fine, I've waited almost a year to get my T and it wasn't even the colour I asked & it wasn't a quality T ; thing I was most furious about was that they haven't even gimme something like free downloads, some stickers for the (HUGE) delay.. Well I was very disappointed.

I've never had problems with them when I bought CDs tho, always impeccable.

Afaik, Neil is alone running the biz.. so add him on facebook or write on Horizons' wall!

Two and a half months isn't "fine" but half a year is beyond ridiculous. No wonder you were furious.

I have posted on the Horizons Facebook page now. We'll see what happens.

Heard nothing but bad things about their online shop so won't use them. Similarly, I was relieved of my money through the DNBA shop last week for a tune yet was never sent the temporary login needed to download it or the zip file containing the tunes. DNBA are useless cunts, avoid.

Guy you're dealing with in those emails comes across as a cunt, that would make my blood boil.

I've had trouble with DnBA downloads too... stopped using them unless they're a lot cheaper than anywhere else because I had difficulties a few weeks in a row. Still they've been good when they finally sort things out I must admit.

Neil is on the forum. Could send him a PM. I'm always hearing stories about Horizons. There was a thread on here a few months back and from what I recall, Neil came into the thread and rectified the whole situation. Either way you'd think that they'd have stopped being a cowboy label by now

Horizons Reply – 15th June:
"Oliver will be end of june now, will be coming with free cd - a good one ;)
will be dreamthief 3

Neil"

dunno why but this made me lol

hope you sort it out though, hate when stuff like this happens.

Just received a reply to one of my messages finally. Seems to have been pushed on by either this thread or the Facebook post:

"I've already replied to this, send us a paypal request and we will refund.

[email address removed]

Neil"

I'm not happy with the service but at least this looks like it should get sorted now.

Just received a reply to one of my messages finally. Seems to have been pushed on by either this thread or the Facebook post

This sure ain't good advertisement for them, especially as they are getting a lot of attention these days!

Glad it's getting sorted!

I've just seen this post, and thought i'd post to offer huge apologies to Oliver. Last month the store had its biggest month yet, we are working really hard at the label. T-shirts do take a bit of time to come in, as we order sizes dependent on interest. We do as a whole try and reply asap to all enquiries. It's a shame that the bad service gets a lot of attention because the shop has come leaps and bounds.

perhaps something more than an apology would go some way to help compensate someone who has clearly suffered bad service, and lost out on getting his brother a present!! These things happen but it shouldnt take exposure on a forum to kick your company into action

It's a shame that the bad service gets a lot of attention because the shop has come leaps and bounds.
you don't really want to be saying stuff like that, it makes it look as though you think this guy's problem is just an annoyance to your otherwise successful business, whereas in fact it's the other way around. you're 100% in the wrong here, and every customer should be equally important.

just saying...nothing against horizons, I've bought from you before with no probs.

I've had problems with orders with Horizons in the past but something's always been sorted in the end and things have definitely gotten better. It's not a massive corporation or anything and for a drum & bass label/small business with good prices it's doing a good job. They're not out to rip anyone off, but I get the impression they're really busy, so you've just got to try and have a bit of patience if things don't go as they ought to (I'm pretty sure I've failed at this in the past). Like I say, I've had problems, but still go back fairly regularly and had some bits recently that haven't had any problems.

yeah ive gotta say i havnt had the best experience with horizons, they respond quickly to emails but have had a few that never got a reply.

The main issue ive had is their dispatch dates, the amounts of times theyve told me somethings being dispatched then it gets pushed back more and more, dont seem to have this issue with any other shops.

I have received my refund now so this has been sorted finally.

Thanks to those that offered advice and support, and also thanks to Horizons for the apology.

I've just seen this post, and thought i'd post to offer huge apologies to Oliver. Last month the store had its biggest month yet, we are working really hard at the label. T-shirts do take a bit of time to come in, as we order sizes dependent on interest. We do as a whole try and reply asap to all enquiries. It's a shame that the bad service gets a lot of attention because the shop has come leaps and bounds.
Ha!
I got to admit this is funny. If you are trying to run a business you need to do right. Horzons has just beed humbled by a guy, (so it seems) they where trying to rip off. Leeps and bounds does not deliver satisfaction. Taking care of the person who pays your bills do. Especially when you are in the business of tee-shirts. Get organized and do your job. It is what I do everyday and many people here do everyday. If you are selling something Deliver. I hope this stament helps.

this isnt the first ive heard about a problem with the horizons store?? - and it may be why ive never used it! so yes it is a shame that its had to happen and get a bad reputation for that because the releases are high quality

Back
Top Bottom