`High end question and problem

MrStitno

Hello Peeps,

I have a burning question regarding the filling of the high end of the track. When i listen to well made productions the spectrum is always nicely filled right from the start of the track. Tried to understand what it is, when is listen carefully i think its an reverb that's only processing the hig end of some percussion elements or pad sounds still i dont get that nice filling of the spectrum. Same when the drops comes . Its hard to get my basses fitten nicely and getting the hig end sparky, so i ad pads voor the hig end. But still sometimes i only hearing bass sound witch have a really nice high end to them..

I hope you guys and girls ;) understand my question...

Help me out :) Thanks and greetingss

Addign high end (8KHz->) to kick and snare is good too, makes them stand out easier.

Having a clear and pumpy compression on your drums after that is also useful to get all the highs near to the same level.

Should i gain at 8 khz or layer the highs on top? At this very moment im polishing my new track and i fiited the group of basses with another hig end layer im getting closer slowely...

Just gain little pit of higs on the drum channels and give more sprankling spank, so thangs man big up...

Still any further ideas and solutions welcome ;)

Last edited:
I would also consider adding some sparkle at 12kHz with the smoothest eq shelf you can get your hands on.
If you can use an oversampling EQ which de-cramps the top end and acts more like an analogue equalizer
then you will not get any negative side effects (aliasing) with digital top end boosts.

to quote

Another issue that has differentiated the sound of digital EQs from their analogue counterparts is HF response cramping. This phenomenon occurs when EQ curves approach the HF area closest to the half sampling frequency (Nyquist frequency) and manifests itself as an increase in the steepness of the EQ curve at the upper most part of the response.

The effect of the cramping is to reduce the HF content of the EQ curve, restricting the openness of the sound and adding to the effect of harshness due to the predominance of mid frequency action within the unbalanced EQ curve.

SafeandSound Mastering
online mastering

Back
Top Bottom