Hey

Kiada

I guess I should introduce myself :lickface: (<-- ultimate gurn!)

Anyways yeah.. I'm from Carlisle up in Cumbria, northern monkey! I've been producing Hip-Hop for quite a while. My soundclick page is here. But I've been lurking the forums these past few days as I've started listening to a lot of drum and bass, and I'm looking to start creating my own! At the moment I've been using Ableton 8 and primarily my drum samples and the Massive synth. Expect lots of posts in the Production forum in the near future as I pick everyones (somewhat talented!) brains. Lots to learn but really enjoying the diiirrttyy noises pumping from my sub!

I'd love any recommendations too. So far I've been listening to a lot of Noisia, DJ Hazard and Original Sin - alongside a few of the members mixes and tracks! Loving it, and hope to post my first track up soon :)

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

oh and stay away from that original sin jump up, turn your outty into an inny real quick

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats interesting. I've read a bit about Jump Up on here, but no real idea what it is. So Original Sin is Jump Up? What characterizes Jump Up then?

Liquid:

Jump Up:
(cheers freek)

but also...

Jungle:

Dark:

You can get jump up like this too:

Basically jump-up is meant for proper skanking, and liquid is meant for chilling but not really cus there's some liquid that can get you going OFF! And jungle is the Old Skool and dark is the...erm...new school. Basically It's really difficult to separate dnb cus the more I do the more other little sub-genres I find. I hope this helped at all.

Also these aren't my favorite tracks or anything, they're just the ones that came to me when I was writing,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom