Helluva Tune

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Not sure how I missed this tune but it has really inspired me. I had to change my trousers following the drop. Shows how the element of surprise can really make an arrangement takeoff.

[ MODS Please move this post/thread if you don't think this is a relevant for this section ]

Last edited by a moderator:
haha before I clicked this thread i thought to my self 'bet its a mefjus track'

man is unreal!

He's definitely on some other world shit. His bass & synth sounds (thanks for the tip btw Mania!) feel like they're going to swallow me whole because they're just so huge in terms of low end and width...and I love it!

He's definitely on some other world shit. His bass & synth sounds (thanks for the tip btw Mania!) feel like they're going to swallow me whole because they're just so huge in terms of low end and width...and I love it!
Yeah, its quite something. I hate to give away really good production knowledge that i found out myself, but oh well.

The key to that sound is a really really wide chorus with voices that change the sound dramatically. I'm not sure what mefjus uses, but i use Logic's ensemble 100% wet on any half decent bass, with a distortion plug right on top (anywhere above 10 db's of it).
I've stuck with Logic's plain distortion, which sounds great, and i'm yet to start experimenting with other kinds of distortion. It can get really messy depending on the bass, so adjust the choruses dry wet accordingly.

It's also important that after you've found a place for it in the track, that you frequency split it to bring in the low end (usually sub 200), because the bass ends up all over the place.
Nobody wants heavily distorted bass phasing around the stereo field.

Back
Top Bottom