DnB HAVE A LISTEN GUYS, MY FIRST ATTEMPTS AT A PROPER MIX DOWN, WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK

Hey man your link is messed up for some reason. The track isn't showing up in the post and when you click on the link it doesn't work. (I was able to access the track by bypassing the dnbforum part of the url that the forum sticks on for some reason).

Anyways, sounds good. The bass sounds have nice sub-presence and good body/impact. The writing is nice and cohesive, and energetic; I like that. There's a few things that I think could use some tweaking; first off, I think the snare needs to come up a bit; possibly it is clashing with some midrange bass stuff; I'd suggest either EQ'ing a notch out in the basses for it or do a little sidechaining. I really like the bongo-type percussion work, it adds a nice layer, especially in the interludes. Another tweak that I would consider is slapping a transient shaper on the cymbals and maybe cut down on the sustain a little bit, make them sound drier. Right now they are kind of splashing around; they sound OK< but I think they could be better if they were tightened up as I've described. Something to try, anyways. Nice track! Keep it up man :cool:

Thanks for going out your way to leave some feedback, really appreciated. Will take it on board and crack to it in a short while. In the meantime I'll check out your tracks, you have a soundcloud right?

No problem! Yes I do ( soundcloud.com/fortisimo ), I also have a couple of threads on here. I embedded my most current work in my signature this morning but it hasn't shown up for some reason...

Back
Top Bottom