DnB HAB - 'Til Morning With You... (A Hundred Minutes of Pure Soulful Liquid Vibes!)

Big mix HAB. Mixing was on point, and nice vibes throughout. Mellow and upbeat. Big ups :beer:

Sorry for taking so long on this one man. Got crazy amounts of work on, as you might be able to tell from my nonsensical ramblings. Left a few equally mad comments on soundcloud, cos everyone loves a crowded comment box.

Loved the long mix with the glow. You took out feeling inside impeccably
That loose lips tune is a gooden cheers for the hookup one that!
This is one of those sets that has me checking over at the tracklist nearly every tune. Some really majestic mixing. Technically sound.
I love your love for the amen break.
The eq seems a little bit off on Paul SG & Ros - Toothless Grin - highs could do with more gain.
Part of me was brought in amazingly. Takes a long long time to develop the subtlety you have. The mix with furney after was a stormer.
thanks again for Big Bud - Thirty3!
The touch is one of my all time favorites, a really pleasant mix, admire the ability of your mixes to continue for a while instead of cutting out quickly. Wish it was a bit louder in the mix though!
Really enjoyed the away with me mix. We both had a similar vision for that one. OOOh shit, the Obstacles blend was nice. The bassline complements perfectly and adds a bit of a roll to it all.

All in all was a phenomenal mix. Think the length really suited the style and allowed for a good exploration. Obviously, the technical stuff was on point, heard a few clangs, which I think we all like to hear so it doesnt feel like a computer. Lots and lots of digging for some of these tracks, now I dont have to do it myself, cheers! Should be proud of this mate was excellent, looking forward to your next output.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JHSE23 again."

Big ups again, mate. Glad you were digging it. Yeah, I had a few clangs and pitch problems here and there but honestly, for getting it on my first try I figured that it was going to be VERY unlikely I'd try to record this mix again and get it as good as this recording, so I took it. I am sorry I did any disrespect to The Touch as I too find it one of my favorites, so the fact that it wasn't perfect was no bueno.

Of note are some parts you mentioned. When I saw Furney spin a few months back, I had the lead of "Not Like Planet Earth" in my head for days and was determined to find out what it was called. When it got released I must have tried literally fifty different mixes to see what worked before I found Part of Me. It was just perfect. Married those two together immediately. The melodies were insane. Same goes for Away With Me -> Obstacles. I actually had to step away for a moment after I did that mix because I was shocked how well it transitioned on the recording. Noticed you dropped a comment on Cinnamon Eyes -> Soul Eyes, which could be my favorite pairing in the mix.

But yeah, bro, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this came out as well as it did.

Last edited:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JHSE23 again."

Big ups again, mate. Glad you were digging it. Yeah, I had a few clangs and pitch problems here and there but honestly, for getting it on my first try I figured that it was going to be VERY unlikely I'd try to record this mix again and get it as good as this recording, so I took it. I am sorry I did any disrespect to The Touch as I too find it one of my favorites, so the fact that it wasn't perfect was no bueno.

Of note are some parts you mentioned. When I saw Furney spin a few months back, I had the lead of "Not Like Planet Earth" in my head for days and was determined to find out what it was called. When it got released I must have tried literally fifty different mixes to see what worked before I found Part of Me. It was just perfect. Married those two together immediately. The melodies were insane. Same goes for Away With Me -> Obstacles. I actually had to step away for a moment after I did that mix because I was shocked how well it transitioned on the recording. Noticed you dropped a comment on Cinnamon Eyes -> Soul Eyes, which could be my favorite pairing in the mix.

But yeah, bro, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this came out as well as it did.

Just listened to this again earlier. Only got even better with a second run through. big uppppppp

Fantastic mix, mixing was flawless, loved the way you brought in certain tunes over the break too. EQing is what really stood out for me, great use of his, mids and lows throughout.

I know it's a good mix when I've suddenly gone from track 1 to 6 without even thinking.

Don't leave it so long next time mate.

Fantastic mix, mixing was flawless, loved the way you brought in certain tunes over the break too. EQing is what really stood out for me, great use of his, mids and lows throughout.

I know it's a good mix when I've suddenly gone from track 1 to 6 without even thinking.

Don't leave it so long next time mate.

Thanks a bunch, Sam. I've been doing alot of work with non-dnb genres recently, and one of the things I've needed to work on iis doing proper adjustments on all different frequencies as far as EQing, so I'm glad it shows. And yeah, this mix was a bit long, but I really think it was a good fit for the vibe I wanted to create.

Thanks for the kind words, man! Will be getting to your latest soon!

1) Emperor & Centra - Solar - [???]
2) Culture Shock - City Lights / Piano Tune - [RAM]
3) Ed Rush & Optical - Brain Broker / Long Stay - [Pirhana Pool?]
4) Enei & Eastcolours - 2012 (Mefjus Remix) - [Critical?]
8) Om Unit & Baobinga - Triffidz - [Exit]
10) Hazard - Time Tripping / Mark Q - [Playaz?]

HAB, with varied tastes as per your current top 10, why you only make liquid mixes man?

HAB, with varied tastes as per your current top 10, why you only make liquid mixes man?

Because he's totally nailing it :teeth: HAB did several not-just-liquid mixes in the past and they were all pretty banging, but seriously, there's no one on this forum (maybe bar SirReal), who's able to do such a great liquid mix like him. In fact I'm yet to come across someone who's doing better ones.

-----

Allright, need to give some detailed feedback on this already. First of all, I've been listening to this mix for the past month constantly on repeat and I still can't get enough of it, which speaks for itself. It's just flawless in terms of selection, EQing and overall flow for me and mixing is pretty much spot on, too.
Right, to the mix: great opening with The Last Time, Liz-E's doing it for me right now, when the bass kicks in in the intro it's fucking awesome. Mix with Moving Deeper was seamless, both tunes bouncing off each other, vibes all around. Making room for Feeling Inside to come in, big mix and I had to bag this tune right away, thanks for introducing Big Bud to me, not sure how I could have missed him until now. Now, the mix with The Glow is just perfect, my favourite so far and probably the best use of this tune in a mix I've ever heard. Those two worked together a treat and the smooth change of the mood...sublime!
Cool to let The Glow roll out and here comes Loose Lips, nice, contrasting blend, EQed perfectly. Another contrasting blend with Midnight Soul, again absolutely spot on EQing, vibing to this section! And it keeps rolling with Vermillion making its way into the mix, loving the harmonies in this blend. Break My Heart is in, another wicked blend. Oh and Good Times creeping in over the breakdown - fuck me, this is how we roll! Toothless Grin takes over with its punchy bassline pulses while leting vocals of Good Times breath, others should pay attention 'cause this is how the vocals of a tune being taken out of the mix should be EQed! And it keeps on going, Let Me Begin comes into the mix seamlessly, perfectly EQed yet again. Loving the breakdown on this tune.
I just can't understand how easily you're able to put a tune into the mix, keeping the flow, keeping the rolling nature, yet changing the mood without sounding out of place. Blend with Part Of Me is another perfect one. And it's getting topped by the blend with Not Like Planet Earth, can't help but dance to this one. Drums over breakdowns are usually tricky, but you've nailed it with Burning Up, all sounding smooth as. Thirty3 again changes the mood a bit, loving the blend! Oh boy, didn't expect The Touch appearing in a mix like that, but it sits so good right where it is. Still can't get into those creepy vocals but the blend is wicked! One of the standout thing about this mix (and tbh about your mixes in generall) is that it's so easy to get lost in it (them). It's proving hard to notice the transitions between tunes sometimes as they work together so well. Yeah, and I'm Gonna Get You just had to come in there like this to prove my point right away, hadn't it?
I feel like Garden RMX should be played more again, can't fault this tune really...or the blend either. Breaking the beat with My Mojo making its way into the mix over the breakdown of Garden RMX, groovy! Enjoying this section very much, although it's moving, it's also calming in the same time, well played. Switching back to the rolling business, here comes Please Me. Those sub hits are doing it for me, wicked! Psychedelic Drainpipe stands up to its name, amazing tune, another one that probably will end up in my collection. And it gets jazzy In My Mind, aye? Been overlooking this tune for far too long, it's time to start playing it! Midnight Love, oh my. I remember hearing it in one of SirReal's last year's mixtapes for the first time and after hearing it again now I had to get that Liquid V Sessions compilation, this tune has such a sick vibe to it, the synths, the vocals, love it! And the blend was great, too.
Choose Me again takes the mix into a bit more nostalgic territory, nothing wrong with that especially when executed like this. Cinammon Eyes comes rolling over it perfectly, again feeling the bassline. Switching Cinnamon for Soul, saxophone sets the mood of this mad jazzy number. Eyes passing torch to Brother, this time it's those added subtle piano tones and vocal samples on top keeping the jazzy feeling of this section.
Soulful blend with the vocal intro of Away With Me RMX, faultless switch on the drop. The blend with Obstacles is somehow a meltdown point, just getting lost in the time and space. And it's only getting better with Seasons taking over the mix, another favourite blend of mine right here. And If I Had heard this tune before it wouldn't be missing in my collection for sure...oh man, that tease of Jungle Julia, that's just insane! And the straight forward business keeps on going with It's Not Me It's You RMX, worked even better than expected, another wicked blend.
Maybe I would have brought When You Come Home in at the last 16 before the drop, those drums over breakdown sounded a bit weird and the slight vocal clash...but this aside, it totally goes off on the drop. Bar Soul in the mix and I can already hear the bird whispers and soulful harmonies of They're Wrong crawling through, absolutely spot on tease, EQed to perfection, kudos! Dreams as a sublime finisher complimented by the broken beats of exquisite Foundation, what a closer :)

Now, there's hardly anything else to add here...maybe except for DO MORE MIXES MAN!

Please do another non liquid mix for us HAB

I've actually got a few in the works that are strictly non-liquid, but I haven't had a lot of time to record lately. I do all kinds of mixes, actually, some deep neuro stuff, some dancefloor, even done jump-up sets in the past, but liquid is, like Gem said, kinda where I hit my groove when mixing, Appreciate the desire to hear my stuff, though. If you go back to the ol' Mixblog (http://www.tumblr.com/blog/habmixblog) you may find some that you like. Though I'll be sure to keep that in mind with the next one I release.

I just can't understand how easily you're able to put a tune into the mix, keeping the flow, keeping the rolling nature, yet changing the mood without sounding out of place.

I'm gonna focus on this even though you gave some immense, incredibly praising and lauding feedback, Gem. You always do sit and really let the things you gotta say marinate for a bit and I really do appreciate it. But as far as the quoted bit, I really don't think that I personally do a better job of this than most of the DJs on here. The whole reason we mix is to do some wicked stuff with carrying moods and vibes across the span of music, and most of you lot are just wicked at doing it as well.

Appreciate the great detailed Watcha-esque feedback, there, Gem, and I have to agree about the part with When You Come Home. Probably the weakest part of the mix, there, and I really probably should have let it go a bit longer before getting it in there. But nevertheless, I was really not all too disappointed in it. The mix at the end with Dreams -> Foundation is one I've been working on for a really long time, I really got the vibe and image from the notes after that second drop of Dreams (when I cued down Foundation) that just felt like watching the sun come up after a long night, and actually kind of planned the mix backwards from that. I think it worked out quite well. Glad I turned you onto some new stuff, which is the goal, after all!

Keep up the great things, Gem!

Back
Top Bottom