Drum & Bass HAB - 'Til Morning With You... (A Hundred Minutes of Pure Soulful Liquid Vibes!)

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by HAB, Mar 5, 2013.

1. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Been a bit, hasn't it? I've been doing a lot of non-DNB stuff under a different alias on numerous projects, and especially after doing my part for the next forum mix I've realized its been a bit since I've done something in my comfort zone. This mix was not meant to be a technical masterpiece of any kind, as there are probably quite a few volume drops or clips or somesuch, and that's fine. I actually planned this one out, tested my levels and managed to record it on my first go round. That enough should be a sign that I took it a bit easy on the technical side of things, but I'm still damned proud of the vibe on this. I've been really feeling the rolling, soulful tip of alot of music that has been coming out, and thankfully there's loads new Furney bits for me to mess around with. I also liked the idea and theme of starting out a late night and playing through the early hours until sunrise, and this mix is definitely supposed to take you on that late-night rolling tip all the way through til the calm sobering tones of dawn. When I took that all and put it together, I got something that oozed exactly the warmth we've all been needing with spring right around the corner. Cheers!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (click the art for full-sized versions!)

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download/Stream at DROPBOX:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/s/t1blqdeerspngjw/Til Morning With You....mp3

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc

$pyto and Jwood27 like this.
  2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

oh shit. this looks wickard HAB. pon the DL.

Will drop back with some thoughts (y) looking forward to seeing your bit in the forum mix too.

HAB likes this.
  3. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

about time! how big is the file though haha! all over this mate

HAB likes this.
  4. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Shouldn't be that large...? I didn't pull a Teddy and accidently upload the WAV to soundcloud did I?

5. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

Looks amazing. Will stream and feedback in near future!

HAB likes this.
  6. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

What a tracklist, downloading

HAB likes this.
  7. grubbers

grubbers bag of smashed

Looks right up my alley. Definitely checking this one out.

8. grubbers

grubbers bag of smashed

Really enjoyed the mix, great selection. Feeling Inside >> The Glow and Cinnamon Eyes >> Soul Eyes were probably my favorite parts, the tracks blended together quite nicely.

HAB likes this.
  9. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

You know you're one of a really few DJs on here to be insta DLed on sight for me. So much looking forward to this, needed some top notch quality liquid mixtape in my life again.

HAB likes this.
  10. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

sex wee!

HAB likes this.
  11. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

yeeeeeee

HAB likes this.
  12. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

this was really enjoyable mate, probably the best of yours so far. mixing was pretty much flawless and the selection was lovely.

the mix with the touch sounded really good, one of my faves, as did the mix with the glow.
    i like how the glow came out of nowhere but didn't sound harsh in the slightest - smoothly done

nice to hear level too and the chap tune together, bit like putting skeppy and dub phizix tunes together, really works. midnight love is awesome as welll.

great stuff man, really enjoyed it, repped.

HAB likes this.
  13. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

Been too long HAB..

HAB likes this.
  14. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Saw this one pop up on Soundcloud last night, was a nice surprise!

Great vibes all the way through, a great mix up of melodic vocals and chilled basslines. Selection is spot on

Could be listened to early morning to ease you into the day, or warming down after a big night. Really nice mix

HAB likes this.
  15. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Yo HAB pretty much echoeing everyone elses thoughts but this was rocking!
    For something you don't consider to be great technically its super super smooth.

A great example is Feeling Inside > The Glow > Loose Lips 3 tune burst. I have rewound this bit maybe 4, 5 6 times this morning. Epically smooth transitions.

This can be pretty much said about the rest of it too.

Another bit that Grabbed me was the Furney - If I Had >> Jungle Julia little split. Love hearing Furney tunes need more in my life..

All in all you destroyed this one. Remaining on my Ipod for a long time to come.

The best liquid mix I have ever listened to.

(y)

HAB likes this.
  16. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

I really gotta figure out this rep thing since I have so much I want to spread around...

Thanks a bunch, man! Really appreciate the love. Feeling Inside >> The Glow was one I was really proud of, and I gotta say that Cinnamon Eyes blew me away as soon as I heard it. I'm such a sucker for string-lead tunes and I've been mixing it like a madman since I heard it. I liked the way it rolled so well into Soul Eyes, so I thought they did a great job complementing each other. Thanks again for the listen.

As you are for me, Gem! Too kind, sir, truly!

Thanks a bunch, J. As said before, I tried to keep the intro to Glow going while I cued down the bass and volume on Feeling Inside early during the breakdown. Kept the tone low and allowed Glow to come in smooth. And yeah, In My Mind >>> Midnight Love was a no brainer. Tunes were even on the same album, they got the same vibe.

I tried to focus more on vocals and leads in this mix. I'm absolutely a huge sucker for any tune with memorable, melodic vocals or memorable string leads, and I try to include them in most mixes. It makes sense, then, why I include alot of Furney tunes since they have most of those things. And you're right, this is a mix that I think can fit many moods, even if I had a pretty specific idea behind what I wanted it to convey. Thank you so much for the love, man!

Wow, some serious praise there, Stu! Best EVER?! The reason I don't say its super technical is because compared to the stuff I had to do with digital manipulation and super sync button stuff with the forum mix and the stuff I was doing before it was just so odd to me. This was a bit less intense to do. And as said before, I guess the Feeling Inside >>> The Glow >>> Loose Lips bit is seeming to be a favorite. I was definitely proud of that little section.

The Jungle Julia thing was to bring up the energy level for a bit even though it sort of contrasts with the soulful vibe of If I Had. I liked how the two at once worked but didn't work. Took a risk but I guess it paid off.

You gotta get on these Furney tunes, man. The man is a straight-up monster. But yeah, Stu, thanks for the serious love. You're the man.

17. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

But no, seriously, someone should explain this rep thing because I've got sooo much to give out.

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  18. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

this is sexy hab, testament to the mix itself that its grim as hell outside and i have manflu AND i can appreciate 100 minutes of liquid. and what you on about it not being that good technically, you're too modest haha, was tight as. selection was ridiculous, absolute pleasure hearing loose lips, part of me and countless others i've never heard before. still don't think it can hold a light to that sure thing > kush talk intro from yesteryear tho :D

HAB likes this.
  19. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

Will get back to you on this man. Just need to find a bit of time to give it fair attention!! Looking forward to it g

HAB likes this.
  20. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

I only mean that this one didn't involve tons of teases and triple drops like I've been trying to do out lately with Serato and shit. You've never heard Part of Me before? Really?

But yeah, gotta give a special shout to Dave Owen. Loose Lips is such a tune. Anything Dave Owen or Furney is bound to tickle me pink, and this mix had both! Glad you enjoyed this one, Jack! I put quite a bit of thought into the mood/theme, etc, and apparently it paid off. And yes, I doubt anything will ever match that opening mix to Rollers. The amount of times I had to start over after fucking that one up... ugh.

Not a problem, bro! You got this! Thanks for the interest!