Grooverider diss on FB lol

there's no moral high ground on the internet, tit. and why not take the piss out of him? his ego needs deflating due to all the bum-lickers who tell him how great he is. i mean seriously, how can u respect a 42 year old man who argues on the internet with a 20 year old girl over a fucking VEST! she didn't even insult him/the vest, just said he wore the same one a few days earlier.. talk about self concious...

hold up. you was the one giving it the biggun because you baited him in to responding when you took the piss out of him?

he responds and he is the immature one?

go away and think about what you have written, then come back and apologise...

then fuck right off again.

Well a lot of people sound pretty unappreciative to me. Thats up to you. It seems to me that people who don't really have a great understanding of the past that seem to dismiss it as not being important.

i used to be like that, then i read 'all crews' and i realised how and who shaped the scene... gives you a lot more respect for the big players even if you aren't a fan of their musical style!

i used to be like that, then i read 'all crews' and i realised how and who shaped the scene... gives you a lot more respect for the big players even if you aren't a fan of their musical style!

Exactly mate. 'All Crews' is like the bible of dnb! More people need to get to know!

this whole jump up bullshit is ridiculous!! personally im not that much of a fan but taggin it as pikey chav shit is bollox!! not being funny but if ya look at most of the flyers on this forum or anywhere for that matter majority of the DJs are either Jump Up producers and or play jump up.. reason being is because its what draws in the punters.. so obviously the majority of punters must be into jump up.. so there for apparently our beloved scene is funded by Pikey Chav jump up gypsies?!?!

I think not

this whole jump up bullshit is ridiculous!! personally im not that much of a fan but taggin it as pikey chav shit is bollox!! not being funny but if ya look at most of the flyers on this forum or anywhere for that matter majority of the DJs are either Jump Up producers and or play jump up.. reason being is because its what draws in the punters.. so obviously the majority of punters must be into jump up.. so there for apparently our beloved scene is funded by Pikey Chav jump up gypsies?!?!

I think not

I wouldnt say so. Id say now more than ever theres more of a variety on the flyers. A few years back jump up was a big part of dnb. Im not sayin it still isnt because theres alot of love for it still. But there's defo alot more out there to cater for everyone.

As for associating everyone that listens to jump up all chav's. Ridiculous comment. You cant put anyone in a category. Im sure most of you have been raving before, & you know you get all sorts of people from hippis, emos, chavs, skaters ect.

Yes i dislike jump up, but we can all get along. cant we :)

stereotypes happen for reasons out of our hands bruv i dont like them but i cant deny there is a trend in who listens to what type of music and i kno coz i see it and hear it...

eg. the amount of flatcaps on in a playaz night will be more than most dnb events that go on

im just saying its noticable i am not discriminatin or nuffin!!!

Last edited:
stereotypes happen for reasons out of our hands bruv i dont like them but i cant deny there is a trend in who listens to what type of music and i kno coz i see it and hear it...

eg. the amount of flatcaps on in a playaz night will be more than most dnb events that go on

im just saying its noticable i am not discriminatin or nuffin!!!

Fair play, i know what your sayin. I just dont think you can put people in a category and discriminate because of what they listen to.

im only sayin there is a correlation, be it lose

to say there is no association i think would be incorrect

fair point... the last thing i have to say on the matter is...

it's interesting a topic on groovereider being dissed turned into (yet another) jump up hating thread! and that it seems that the liquid listeners/jump up haters are the first to criticise (unfairly or unjustly) jump up and it's listeners, but you never see jump up listeners going to a thread re: liquid and slating shit? :confused:

I wouldnt say so. Id say now more than ever theres more of a variety on the flyers. A few years back jump up was a big part of dnb. Im not sayin it still isnt because theres alot of love for it still. But there's defo alot more out there to cater for everyone.

I agree there's definitely a lot more variation nowadays which is great, but I still reckon jump up is most popular form of dnb (maybe not on this forum but to the general dnb public) either way I think the point we're both trying to make is its ridiculous to stereotype someone on the type music they listen to.. personally i play all kinds of different tracks in my sets and I have friends in all sorts of different scenes who listen to all sorts of different styles of dnb and im sure some of it is jump up.. this doesn't mean that there pikey chavs.. some of them might be chavs and so what if they are? whats so bad about that? Some people on this forum have just got such fucking attitudes towards anything which doesn't fit there mold.. get over ya self!!

I agree there's definitely a lot more variation nowadays which is great, but I still reckon jump up is most popular form of dnb (maybe not on this forum but to the general dnb public) either way I think the point we're both trying to make is its ridiculous to stereotype someone on the type music they listen to.. personally i play all kinds of different tracks in my sets and I have friends in all sorts of different scenes who listen to all sorts of different styles of dnb and im sure some of it is jump up.. this doesn't mean that there pikey chavs.. some of them might be chavs and so what if they are? whats so bad about that? Some people on this forum have just got such fucking attitudes towards anything which doesn't fit there mold.. get over ya self!!

god that was a bit of a rant!! :teeth:

i listen to jump up an im not a pikey chav well at least i think im not.
my mates listen to jump up there not pikey chavs infact i no more people who listen to jump up that arent pikeys than are.

i listen to jump up and im not a chav,
i also listen to jungle and liquid

does that make me a homosexual, outdated chav?

As for associating everyone that listens to jump up all chav's. Ridiculous comment. You cant put anyone in a category. Im sure most of you have been raving before, & you know you get all sorts of people from hippis, emos, chavs, skaters ect.

Yes i dislike jump up, but we can all get along. cant we :)

Believe me when I say I'm not someone that pulls judgemental opinions out of my arse. I can only talk based on my own experiences.

For example, the last 3 really big Jump Up raves I went to, Overload, Random Concept vs Rebirth & Bedlam (all of them at the Bristol 02 Academy, I might add, though to be fair the line up at Bedlam wasn't purely Jump Up but it did have some of the usual suspects), were all absolutely fucking ram raided with pikeys. I don't have problems with anyone if they're happy to enjoy themselves and let other people enjoy themselves. But all three of those times something has kicked off with either me or one of my mates.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really into Jump Up, the tunes just aren't to my taste. But, more than the music, I hate the fucking crowd it pulls in. I simply don't bother with Jump Up raves any more cause I don't enjoy spending the evening dealing with aggro or looking over my shoulder the entire night. DnB isn't about who's the hardest, trackie sporting badman on the dancefloor, it's about coming together for the the love of the music.

Of course not all people that listen to Jump Up are chavs. And of course not all chavs listen to Jump Up. And hell, not all chavs are bad guys, I have enough chavy mates that are fucking sound. But you can't deny there's stereotype for a reason. That reason being because Jump Up, whether you want to admit or not, pulls in the pikey scumbags. And I've got no time for those cunts, and by extension the events and music that attract those kind of cunts.

/rantoff.

Believe me when I say I'm not someone that pulls judgemental opinions out of my arse. I can only talk based on my own experiences.

For example, the last 3 really big Jump Up raves I went to, Overload, Random Concept vs Rebirth & Bedlam (all of them at the Bristol 02 Academy, I might add, though to be fair the line up at Bedlam wasn't purely Jump Up but it did have some of the usual suspects), were all absolutely fucking ram raided with pikeys. I don't have problems with anyone if they're happy to enjoy themselves and let other people enjoy themselves. But all three of those times something has kicked off with either me or one of my mates.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really into Jump Up, the tunes just aren't to my taste. But, more than the music, I hate the fucking crowd it pulls in. I simply don't bother with Jump Up raves any more cause I don't enjoy spending the evening dealing with aggro or looking over my shoulder the entire night. DnB isn't about who's the hardest, trackie sporting badman on the dancefloor, it's about coming together for the the love of the music.

Of course not all people that listen to Jump Up are chavs. And of course not all chavs listen to Jump Up. And hell, not all chavs are bad guys, I have enough chavy mates that are fucking sound. But you can't deny there's stereotype for a reason. That reason being because Jump Up, whether you want to admit or not, pulls in the pikey scumbags. And I've got no time for those cunts, and by extension the events and music that attract those kind of cunts.

/rantoff.

fair play mate.... that is one well worded answer! i would be inclined to agree with you except i love jump up!

Back
Top Bottom