Great South Run 2007 - Raising money for children's cancer charity

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Hi all! As some of you may know already, I'm taking part in the BUPA Great South Run this year which takes place on Sunday 28th October 2007.

This is the first time I've taken on a challenge like this so please dig deep and sponsor me online or when I see you next! My training has already begun and I plan to continue right up until the Great South Run in October.

I am running for CLIC Sargent, who is the UK's leading children's cancer charity, supporting children, young people and their families through cancer every step of the way.

So please sponsor me now, every little helps!

Many thanks for your support,

Stuart / sdm

P.S. If you have any friends or relatives that like to donate to good causes please feel free to pass these details onto them.

Last edited:
I will do.

How far is it? It goes past the Pier too, (or did the other yr when my friend did it).

That's gonna be the Sunday after a Breakneck innit...

Don't over do the training and peak too soon! & try to run on grass, not just roads...

:hagglers:

I will do.

How far is it? It goes past the Pier too, (or did the other yr when my friend did it).

That's gonna be the Sunday after a Breakneck innit...

Don't over do the training and peak too soon! & try to run on grass, not just roads...

:hagglers:
Thanks D.

It's 10 miles. Yeah I remember reading about the route from last year as I had to move my car away from the seafront. However I really hope it's not raining this year, it was pouring it down for the duration last year, horrible!

I'm currently training on a treadmill at the gym, doing ~4 miles a session, obviously planning to raise the distance and start training outside in about a month. I should have plenty of time to get myself in shape by October. It's great having a goal for my workouts again!

Many thanks to Triple M for donating too! Cheers mate.

i will try and get round to donating soon mate, but big ups for the mission, i doubt i could handle a 10 mile run! And for a good cause too!

nice one matey, and any other people taking part for that matter!

i will try and get round to donating soon mate, but big ups for the mission, i doubt i could handle a 10 mile run! And for a good cause too!

nice one matey, and any other people taking part for that matter!
Cheers mate! Big up :)

Me too.....

I have just filled out a form to enter it as well!

i needed motivation to get fit. I am doing Ok at the moment... i only smoke when i go out drinking and eat really healthy stuff (fruit smoothies every morning... salad lunch.. grilled fish dinners).. i am desperately trying to stop sticking those fuckin fags in my mouth! .. weed has gone ages ago.... its only really brandy, beer and wine that are my downfall! I cant wait until they bring that smoking ban in...

I am doing it for the run for Cancer Research.

Guess I better get my trainers on!

looking forward to it actually!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom