Dubstep Gotye- Somebody I Used to Know (Mid:W3st Remix) [Prod. by W3st] <-- collab group...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by W3st, Jun 4, 2012.

1. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

Hey guys, just wrapped up a new dubstep remix of Gotye's hit single "Somebody I Used to Know"

I'd love feedback of any kind, cheers!

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Re: Gotye- Somebody I Used to Know (Mid:W3st Remix) [Prod. by W3st] <-- collab group.

Not too bad man. The first drop is pretty nice. However, I found the energy really vanished at 1:28. That synth sound should perhaps be layered with some bass filth to keep the energy up.

The production quality isn't too bad, but I think so more stabs and fills could really add more interest to the tune. I would've also like to have heard more of that chopped vocal effect you were teasing in the track.

Overall it's a good track, but some polish and additional noises and whatnot could make it a great track.

Cheers.

3. W3st

Re: Gotye- Somebody I Used to Know (Mid:W3st Remix) [Prod. by W3st] <-- collab group.

thanks for the input lost, I noticed that the second drop lost alot of bass.. although its the same bassline i think its just getting muddied up by the saw. I'll get to work on it in when i find the time!

cheers for the input, always good to get quality feedback. Ill be sure to post an update when the time is right haha

4. MrMush

MrMush Member

5. W3st

what the hell?

^my bad didnt see the soundcloud comment, i thought you were trying to get some feedback on your song without leaving any first! liking yours tho, cheers!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  6. W3st

bump