fruityloops mp3 conversion problems

Discussion in 'Production' started by djrowney, Apr 18, 2009.

1. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

ok i'm runnin fruity studio 7 and working on a final for a tune, basically i have got the tune sounding tight as a nuns arsehole, very crisp with all the elements comin thru nicely, i convert into mp3 and its distorted and the sub is muffling the drums out which on the project file are crisp as fuck..its doing my head in, is there a check list i should follow for when i convert mp3s?? think i might have clicked something by accident recently cos i don't think i've ever had this problem b4..on the general tab for audio i am also using a primary sound driver cos i don't know which input/output to use on my delta 1010 soundcard..i really am a bit shit at pcs and problem solving, can anyone help??

nice 1 in advance

rownz

2. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

is your master channel running in to the red before exporting???

does it still distort if you export a wav instead???

3. djrowney

it is runnin into the red but the if it wasn't the tune would be well low..the master channel volume on fl is very innacurate..i cross reference my stuff with other big artists tunes, for example i cross referenced the tune with northern lights - higher and the levels are the same

4. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

did you use VLC to check it after exporting? VLC distorts all my output if played loud. then try another player. or as marztah said, export it as wav and get it to mp3 by audacity.

5. djrowney

6. MARLZTAH

theres your problem then..... if your master channel is running into the red, then its gonna be distorted

when you cross reference a track... its not the volume your trying to match, its the loudness... which is acheived by compression & limiting

also, if your track is quiet (in the volume sense) turn it up using your soundcard/amp/mixer.... dont overload FL, you'll just distort your track to fuck

7. GiDriK

GiDriK Lost in jungle

put a limiter on ur master channel, not a thing most would suggest to do, but try it out :D

8. MARLZTAH

dont use any limiting on the master until the track is finished