From the Sun - DropKick, Noob artist, would love some C and C and feedback please!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Trenton, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Trenton

Trenton New Member

My First Song, just a preview (I'm slightly lost with what else to put in it atm!). I have a feeling some of the volume levels are off! Need some help to fix it on fl studio 9 if thats alright? First post as well! So any Feedback and C and C/Tips would be great!

Many thanks,
    Trenton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOE2mDyjb2Q

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. demonicdnb

demonicdnb got duct-tape?

Re: From the Sun - DropKick, Noob artist, would love some C and C and feedback please

ill bite, but being this is your first post you're not likely to get much out of these guys. make your way around and contribute a bit first homeboy.

as for the review.

im diggin the 8 bit sound on some of your hits but unfortunatley the drums sound straight out of an 808. which is bad. the drop is OK, i dont like the way the bass is coming thru but i do like that you've really got it moving around. those stabs at 2:55 are really annoying, maybee just do one and repeat it with some echo/delay.
    keep it up. good concept.

3. Trenton

Trenton New Member

Re: From the Sun - DropKick, Noob artist, would love some C and C and feedback please

Hey there!
    Thanks a lot for C and C and all. Sorry but what do you mean by an 808? Do you think I should make the bass sound more punchy and lower? Yes the stabs at the end were just there to fill in time (Laughs). I haven't completely sussed out the rest of the song yet.
    Thanks a lot for the tips anyway!
    I'll try help around in the forum now!
    Trenton.

4. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

You need to work on your song structure. It sounds like you've just dropped a bunch of samples in the Daw.
    But for a first tune that's fine, just keep making music.