Friction giving away 3rd Degree Gurns VIP for free

went to this is was sick but the andy c set that i always loved at the end was his 4 hour set for the nightlife 4 album launch, fucking blew my mind from start to finish

Thanks for the heads-up.

Joke or not, I bet this would still work. At least it's not really quiet, like the 320 of the original I bought when Valve went digital.

Does anyone actually know if 3rd Degree Gurns was made as a joke? And then this to follow?

I liked the original, used to set a dance off a few years ago. If Friction did make it as a joke, then good for him. He obviously didn't foresee how much support it was gonna receive! Win-Win!

Last edited:
didnt have the chance to go to that so that 4 hour set is my best memory of andy and the end... wish i did go though as it does sound like a legendary night

This still give me goosebumps

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

And this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody upload it to dnbshare or something similiar and post link in this thread? I cant grab it becose I dont have credit card and all that bank shit required to download anything ( even free ) from these online mp3/wav stores.

Of course it wasn't made as a wind up. Ed's not the sort of person to waste his time writing 2 tunes for a laugh.
With all due respect to him I think both 3rd Degree Gurns mixes are probably 2 of the worst tunes ever made in DnB. It really didn't need a VIP follow up as the original was shocking. I reckon it's just one of lifes regrets. We've all had them at one stage of our lives. I've got alot of respect for Ed but personally If I was going to give a track away I would have offered something that actually represents Shogun as it stands now.... 3rd Degree Gurns is not the one and that's why they call mr Terry Tibbs...much love!

Of course it wasn't made as a wind up. Ed's not the sort of person to waste his time writing 2 tunes for a laugh.
With all due respect to him I think both 3rd Degree Gurns mixes are probably 2 of the worst tunes ever made in DnB. It really didn't need a VIP follow up as the original was shocking. I reckon it's just one of lifes regrets. We've all had them at one stage of our lives. I've got alot of respect for Ed but personally If I was going to give a track away I would have offered something that actually represents Shogun as it stands now.... 3rd Degree Gurns is not the one and that's why they call mr Terry Tibbs...much love!

I wouldnt say its the worst tune ever made (i'm sure some terrible jump up shite takes that title) but its certainly not the best. It does a job in the rave and there are elements of the tune i actually like. Plus, it kind fits into the Valve mould in terms of sound with the lead line used etc. Just sounds like a Dillinja tune without the aggresive breaks or bassline. If he was gonna give away tune to represent Shogun, he should've given way Hypnotise VIP. Or even better...just release the damn thing!

If he was gonna give away tune to represent Shogun, he should've given way Hypnotise VIP.

That would have been epic. Love that track and the orig. Sammy used to batter the original. I might have to raid his record box and draw for it again!

I wouldnt say its the worst tune ever made (i'm sure some terrible jump up shite takes that title) but its certainly not the best. It does a job in the rave and there are elements of the tune i actually like. Plus, it kind fits into the Valve mould in terms of sound with the lead line used etc. Just sounds like a Dillinja tune without the aggresive breaks or bassline. If he was gonna give away tune to represent Shogun, he should've given way Hypnotise VIP. Or even better...just release the damn thing!

I did say 'one of the worst'...but thats just my opinion. This tune appeals to the chav element of the i scene i think. Just because that distorted pitchy synth patch has been used in the tune it really doesn't mean its the Valve sound to me at all... Clipz and a host of other cheddar producers have used the same sound. Infact i really don't know what Valve as a label is saying to me now...Not a lot. ;)

Back
Top Bottom