Forthcoming Ram Records

I really like Sovereign and all (well, that's about 2 or 3) the other "stripped-back"/Virus-esque tunes. Tbh I was expecting it to be a lot worse so this is a pleasant surprise.
great that Ram are so out-of touch with their market that they press pretty much all-but the tunes that people are into...

what was pressed:

1. Toecutter
  2. Ambush
  3. Creatures
  4. Thud
  5. Thunder Ridge
  6. Sovereign
what people have mentioned they like:
  1. Bricktop
  2. Motormouth
  3. Thunder Ridge
  4. Toecutter
  5. Rogue
  6. Move It Along
  7. Sovereign

3/6 ain't good enough IMO

CnT6yD6XgAA8x2m.jpg

Ram goes to Let it Roll EP - forthcoming...

As an EP? Yes.
As an EP for Let It Roll? No.

IMO.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning for that to be honest. As far as I'm aware (I think @Fallen.GeMiNi can back me up on this seeing as he's playing there) but isn't Let It Roll usually a showcase of the entire spectrum of DnB? So as far as I see it, an "EP for Let It Roll" doesn't seem to make much sense.

Maybe I'm wrong though!

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning for that to be honest. As far as I'm aware (I think @Fallen.GeMiNi can back me up on this seeing as he's playing there) but isn't Let It Roll usually a showcase of the entire spectrum of DnB? So as far as I see it, an "EP for Let It Roll" doesn't seem to make much sense.

Maybe I'm wrong though!

It is open but for me, I see Let It Roll as a festival more aimed at D&B fans who fall in Viper / Titan / Neosignal camps etc. Hospital makes more sense to me at Sunandbass. Hope that I made myself a bit more clearer. Once again, this my opinion, but that is how I see LIT.

Last edited:
It is open but for me, I see Let It Roll as a festival more aimed at D&B fans who fall in Viper / Titan / Neosignal camps etc. Hospital makes more sense to me at Sunandbass. Hope that I made myself a bit more clearer. Once again, this my opinion, but that is how I see LIT.

Not really, Hospital has strong ties to Let It Roll for the past 5 years or so for sure. The guys who run the festival are also directly responsible for most of the Hospitality nights that have been done in Czech Republic ever since. The festival itself was back then more about cherry picking the big names from across the spectrum as opposed to doing label showcases but have eventually flipped the coin in that matter as the label nights became more popular and relevant in the UK (or at festivals in Western Europe). Again, this was mainly the big imprints at first (Hospital, RAM, Blackout, Virus - as Ed Rush & Optical are basically one of the most popular acts for years here), but lately they are trying to get hold of the broad variety of the spectrum, too, there for instance were/are Metalheadz, Exit, Fokuz, Playaz, NeurofunkGrid etc. nights at Let It Roll.

Back
Top Bottom