Forthcoming METALHEADZ!

Also the OneMind (DLR x MAKO) EP will be out this year (?) next year (?)

Message from August 5th:
We just got our artwork back from Goldie and Neil @ Brightside and its better than we could have hoped. Will be posting up soon.
First EP is being remastered as there were a few clicks in one of the tracks caused by some weird manufacturing processing. We don't like clicks! But we expect the vinyl to be ready soon.

Too many good stuffs coming...Blocks & Escher played some into their DnB 60 mix....:devil::devil::devil:

that Commix release sounds flat to me...

what doesn't, however is the next METHXX release by Villem & Phase:
385_methxx014.jpg

Phase has been smacking it lately - the first tune Thru My Soul has been shared a bit on a clip of Lenzman playing it at S&B...absolute belter. Its the first tune on here:

pre-order if you feel that way inclined:
https://shop.metalheadz.co.uk/vinyl/methxx014

It will be up there with the best DnB albums of this decade

Whether or not it is the best album he has ever produced is an argument that I'm not going to get into because it would be difficult to set it apart from his earlier albums which I still play to this day

I'm probably the only one who's not exactly blown away by that D&R album. I mean there's a few really epic tunes, but overall it doesn't really work for me as an album and I surely wouldn't go as far as to call it one of the best albums of this decade.

I'm probably the only one who's not exactly blown away by that D&R album. I mean there's a few really epic tunes, but overall it doesn't really work for me as an album and I surely wouldn't go as far as to call it one of the best albums of this decade.

:eek: The Ram Crew have become hostile

You're a brave man.

Idk though, the whole album being a book with 12 tracks/chapters, each chapter showing us a part of his musical life, it's quite a concept in itself.

Whether the tracks go well together; too early to say.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the concept, then again I was never a huge fan of most of D&R tunes, so it's probably not much of a surprise I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of praising this :) I can understand most of the people frequenting the forum has been looking forward to this release for months/years as his sound is somewhat of a rare breed nowadays, but I was always more keen on the Quarantine'esque kind of sound, simple dirty straight up rollers, so an album full of amens is not my treat. The whole thing reminds me of a slightly rawer/angrier version of Mikal's album, which I initially disliked a lot, but loved after a few good listens, so hey, who knows. That all being said, Sirens Song is definitely a masterpiece (kudos to Manos here).

Don't get me wrong, I really like the concept, then again I was never a huge fan of most of D&R tunes, so it's probably not much of a surprise I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of praising this :) I can understand most of the people frequenting the forum has been looking forward to this release for months/years as his sound is somewhat of a rare breed nowadays, but I was always more keen on the Quarantine'esque kind of sound, simple dirty straight up rollers, so an album full of amens is not my treat.

Same for me FG. You're not the only one!

Doms album is completely fitting on Headz as it reminds me of that old sound that they were all about back in the day, way before I had even discovered dnb. I get that and I get the whole heavily amen tracks with choppy breaks but it's not my cup of tea. All the tunes off this album that I've heard are great in their own way but their not what I'm into. Was hoping for something more along the lines of Unofficial Jah or Take Them Down on there to be honest

Doms album is completely fitting on Headz as it reminds me of that old sound that they were all about back in the day, way before I had even discovered dnb.
Can you give an example of an old Metalheadz tune that sounds like Dom's album ?

And for the record, that Dom album leaves me completely cold. But then again i lost interest in Dom's sound around 2000, i think.
That Jah remix is ace though.

Back
Top Bottom