Forthcoming Exit Releases

It may be £11 for 1 12" but you gotta think about it that you're getting 4 tracks for £11. Cheaper then they would have to sell a 2x12" at.

Remember you're paying for the music not the medium.

Very true for vinyl heads its the price we pay.. 'make it worth' it in the end :teeth:

@SamuraiMusic

It was, and will always be, a Samurai Music VS Exit Records 'battle'.

Yeah. I got that wrong. Overall for what Exit have planned this year, I don't think they can be touched. This year, so far I agree that it is Samurai with the Horo bundle and Sam KDC 12". Will have to see how things turn out by December time

so there is a good possibility that the other tune on Stray's new Ep is called Fragile. Audio in Rockwell's latest show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ymxzy

wonder where Rip N Dip will crop up then?

Last edited:
In my opinion, Samurai has the better and more diverse release schedule this year and while Exits output is undoubtedly quality it mostly seems to be the tiring juke sounds that they are pushing rather than the experimental minimal of yesteryear. Take the Perez EP, its good and all but it isn't particularily exciting or innovative anymore which is what I have come to expect from Exit

Samurai on the other hand has ASC, ENA, Tokyo Prose and Clarity and thats just the LPs. They are diverse, they are experimental and all appealing in their own right and that goes before mentioning the latest slew of releases we have just had. Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the fre4knc bit i know a lot of people were digging that but the other 4 were immense and among very few records I've deemed worthy of purchase this year.

My two cents

In my opinion, Samurai has the better and more diverse release schedule this year and while Exits output is undoubtedly quality it mostly seems to be the tiring juke sounds that they are pushing rather than the experimental minimal of yesteryear. Take the Perez EP, its good and all but it isn't particularily exciting or innovative anymore which is what I have come to expect from Exit

Samurai on the other hand has ASC, ENA, Tokyo Prose and Clarity and thats just the LPs. They are diverse, they are experimental and all appealing in their own right and that goes before mentioning the latest slew of releases we have just had. Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the fre4knc bit i know a lot of people were digging that but the other 4 were immense and among very few records I've deemed worthy of purchase this year.

My two cents

THIS! I am so fucking tired of these juke tunes. Seriously needs to die.
Wish exit would go back to the autonomic sounds they were pushing a couple years ago...their releases have been rubbish as of late. IMO

That being said some releases they have lined up this year make me drip from my vag with exitment... :teeth:

His stuff is pretty hip hop inspired now. You could hear it coming on his first album and all those Foreign Beggars collabs and now the crossover has got pretty obvious. People that have an interest in hip hop are probably going to love Perez's new stuff but people that don't probably won't!

I grew up listening to hip hop well before dnb came along for me, so personally I think this stuff is great.

I listen to a lot of hip hop and I think this shit sounds terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

THIS! I am so fucking tired of these juke tunes. Seriously needs to die.

this.

I wish label x would make tunes like they used to
I wish artist x would make tunes like they used to

Furthering the negative drum & bass fan stereotype of being stuck in the past

I wish label x would make tunes like they used to
I wish artist x would make tunes like they used to

Furthering the negative drum & bass fan stereotype of being stuck in the past

images

I dont get why everyone is using the perez EP as an example of a bad exit release, it's still experimental, just as much so as any samurai release it just has a more diverse range of influences that may span genres that people don't like. Personally I love it cos i feel that perez is pushing a new sound which I don't think samurai are anymore.

My two cents

So ambient is somehow experimental and juke is tired? Got it.

For the love of god, it's not "juke," it's footwork.

Back
Top Bottom