FM8?

Discussion in 'Production' started by ARTFX, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

So yeah, I've been tweaking around with FM8 lately and got some sick result which will be coming in my new tracks, but I'm still a little confused about some of the functions. Specially about the envelopes! How do they work and what do they control? Also the modulation matrix is kinda confusing me. Anyone got some info about that?

I must say the effects are quite cool, good whaveshaping tools!

2. HyperonDnb

HyperonDnb Member

any FM8 experts please come forth! i find it hard to use.

3. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Hmmmm no real advices yet, come on you fellow FM8 headz!

4. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

The evelopes are linked directly to the operators.
    Meaning that each operator can have it's own individual envelope doing whatever the hell it wants. If I remember rightly they're similar to the ones in Massive in the sense that can have loop points etc, if not you can definitely draw in some amazing shapes, pretty powerful.

5. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

I actually got it a couple a days ago aswell. So far it's been a very intresting plugin. I mean, you can do so much with it, make dives, change the adsr very easily on evry oscilator etc etc

I'ts such a more free tool for making basslines, compared to massive in my opinion tho it's more used for bell sounds and stuff like that perhaps...

Sorry I can't be of any help as I've just got the plugin.. lol why am I eaven posting this haha

6. Rokemz

Rokemz New Member

Fm8 is a dope synth Id bone it if I could there are many tutorials around but the one that realy stood out for me was the "chriss Octane" tutorial: http://youtu.be/8_cwLx0dWiw

This will give you a mad leg up in making good dnb sounds

I am willing to trade fm8/massive patches with anyone just drop me some mail! Peace

7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

With the envelopes screen you need to grab the first node and move it all the way to the right in order to give you more freedom and this will stop it looping - cos that can get annoying. Thats about all I know lol