Extra Bar on intro of 'Act like you know'...

In this particular tune the extra bar before the drop was unnecessary IMO.
When the 'Act like ya' vocal is repeated in the build up 16 bars before the 1st drop it would have been far better to drop on 16th bar, not 17 and been more DJ Friendly. It didn't enhance the tune in the slightest by adding an extra bar. I'm just a perfectionist who likes to mix in phrase's - hence why I Mentioned it dude.

... I meant 2 bars or 8 beats - whatever floats your boat. ;)
It's just annoying because it's an ideal tune to double drop!
Andy's dub has definitely not got the extra 2 bars as you can hear when he DD's ladies night into it. Cheeky little pre cut edit no doubt! LOL

Well actually there ain't no extra bar... its just like the second drop in chubrub etc.. the tune just doesn't drop on the first bar it plays a bit of synth without drums then drops...

also its quite a busy tune.. probs sounds just as good if not better just swithed..

... I meant 2 bars or 8 beats - whatever floats your boat. ;)
It's just annoying because it's an ideal tune to double drop!
Andy's dub has definitely not got the extra 2 bars as you can hear when he DD's ladies night into it. Cheeky little pre cut edit no doubt! LOL

why don't you ask "Andy" for his copy on dub, surely he must have finished with it now?

Well actually there ain't no extra bar... its just like the second drop in chubrub etc.. the tune just doesn't drop on the first bar it plays a bit of synth without drums then drops...

also its quite a busy tune.. probs sounds just as good if not better just swithed..

the point I'm trying to make is that there is only a small handfull of tunes like alien girl, mr happy, chubrub etc that have the extra 2 bars before kicking back into the drop which limits what you can double drop it with on the 1st drop. Just an annoying observation.

the point I'm trying to make is that there is only a small handfull of tunes like alien girl, mr happy, chubrub etc that have the extra 2 bars before kicking back into the drop which limits what you can double drop it with on the 1st drop. Just an annoying observation.

yer ur right its not actually off but its annoying cos theyve structured that it so its like the phrase begins 4 bars in which means u cant double drop. Lame cos i have a reli good mix that goes with the intro.

Extra bars doesn't stop you from double dropping does it? Just means you can't have the mix rolling up to it, need to slam it in at the drop.

yeh but the thing is when u drop tunes like submerged or mr happy ina club and u cut to the drumless bar or 2 then bring the other tune back in the place erupts!! there's no need to double em up with each other just cut to the quiet bit then bang it back in.. just as effective

yeh but the thing is when u drop tunes like submerged or mr happy ina club and u cut to the drumless bar or 2 then bring the other tune back in the place erupts!! there's no need to double em up with each other just cut to the quiet bit then bang it back in.. just as effective

This. Or even if the track is just incredibly distinctive, doesn't matter if there are drums or not after the drop; I've been loving doing the above with Break - Isis :)

I wouldn't say tunes like Mr. Happy have an extra bar, they just dont have drums on the initial drop.
few tunes ive noticed are
No Reality - Ram Trilogy [Drops two bars early on the breakdown]
Mr. Majestic - Calibre & High Contrast
The Flute Tune - J Cut & Kolt Siewerts [Two Extra Bars knocking about]
Drifter - Brookes Bros
Calibre - Drop It Down
Shock Out VIP - Danny Byrd

I swear the version of this Andy C was dropping with Ladies Night VIP still had the "drumless bars" at the start of the phrase where it dropped

And he still made it sound fucking sick sooo ... shouldn't be a problem

I think the fact there's no drums for a couple bars on the drop just gives you the opportunity to drop tunes like Mr Happy, Alien Girl etc. with it in a stylish fashion so you can look really really KOOOOOOOOOOOOL :)

Back
Top Bottom