Extra Bar on intro of 'Act like you know'...

lol nah u cant just drop it later cos its not that the whole tune that is pushed back 4 bars... its just the phrase as it drops (so that phrase is cut short of 4 bars before the end returning to the normal structure)... so if u were to drop it 4 bars later than u shud, act like you know will switch into its 2nd phrase 4 bars earlier than the cued track causing the prob again... so yer u can do it u will just have to drop it 4 1 phrase (well 4 bars short of a phrase) before switching to either of the tunes... of curs u can just drop the cued track so it drops a phrase after the drop... or vice versa.

im assuming all of u lot saying that its not hard or woteva dont have this tune cos u dnt seem to realise...

i agree most tunes that have odd little bits like that arnt hard but this is a particular stinker

so ur saying the producer has fucked up the drop...?
2 phrases and 1/8th on the intro, 7/8ths after the drop, then back to normal... :shrug:

sounds gash from wot ur saying

so ur saying the producer has fucked up the drop...?
2 phrases and 1/8th on the intro, 7/8ths after the drop, then back to normal... :shrug:

sounds gash from wot ur saying

thats exactly wot im saying lol but its clearly intentional not that its been fucked up reli at all just like when its meant to "drop" it goes "booom act like you know womp wompwompwompwompwomp womp eeeeeeee" then it goes into the womp womp dur dur dee dee bit.

dunno if this will go down well but i remember clipz's loud and dirty has got a lil pause before hte drop on the 2nd breakdown

I havn't heard it,but i have 2 tunes wich are a pain when mixing both drop onn odd bars i think too early,one is drumsound and bassline smith-body pump on the second drop,and the other is majistrate and nicol-elite unit.correct me if im wrong?

Pain in the arse!
Its not so bad if its a bar later, a bar early tends to confuse me though.

There's too much "WOMP" in this thread. We need moar WARRRRGGGGGHHHEEEEEEEGGGGGGGUUUUUUU and DUNNNNNNNNDUMMMMMMMMMDURRRRRRRRRRR.

HurrDurrBanner.jpg

dunno if this will go down well but i remember clipz's loud and dirty has got a lil pause before hte drop on the 2nd breakdown

It does have the break on the drop but the bar does'nt go out of sequence like "act" does. Kind of like the 2nd drop of Logistics "Cosmonaut" or even Roni Size's VIP of Clipz & Die's "Number 1"

Last edited:
it's not that bad to be honest, helps you get to know your records even better

has anyone tried mixing brookes brother - drifter? a bit annoying since the song drops in the middle of a bar

I havn't heard it,but i have 2 tunes wich are a pain when mixing both drop onn odd bars i think too early,one is drumsound and bassline smith-body pump on the second drop,and the other is majistrate and nicol-elite unit.correct me if im wrong?

I'm pretty sure Body Pump is cool man

it's not that bad to be honest, helps you get to know your records even better

has anyone tried mixing brookes brother - drifter? a bit annoying since the song drops in the middle of a bar

was just thinking about drifter. little problem.

ye i noticed this before the promos even came out so must ave been on the dubplate version.

ive been doublin it wiv aztec and u just pull act out and let aztec do its boooooooom and a little synth and then switch up to the daadadadadada on act just before the actual drop then let both play and it sounds heavy... and like someone else said its just the drop thats pushed back, not the rest of the tune... so it balances itself out by the next phase and the vocal comes in nicely...

dont realli find it a problem tho.. just gta be aware its gna happen lol

and does anyone memba that lyptikal tune called somin like glock fear?? this had a drop just the same

I'm sure I heard someone play it and I remember hearing the extra 4 beats. Its all good. More of a challenge eh?

It's piss easy to double drop - you just put it in 1 bar later than usual but when it approaches the 32 bar mark in the mix - act like you know switches a bar early making the mix sound out structure-wise which sounds shit and like its a just been cued up and put in at the wrong point at the start. Bad times! :confused:

its good that producers arent sticking to the 32/16 bar method.
atleast they aint using the same formula or whatever.

also its good if you got tunes like this cos its more of a challenge to mix which will make it more enjoyable otherwise u'l get bored

In this particular tune the extra bar before the drop was unnecessary IMO.
When the 'Act like ya' vocal is repeated in the build up 16 bars before the 1st drop it would have been far better to drop on 16th bar, not 17 and been more DJ Friendly. It didn't enhance the tune in the slightest by adding an extra bar. I'm just a perfectionist who likes to mix in phrase's - hence why I Mentioned it dude.

Back
Top Bottom