EPIC INTRO TRACKS

thats going back a bit now. more recently Heist - Violent Rain. cant find audio clip of the whole intro on that

angels fell and inner city life = joint most epic-est intros ever, imo

I love this piece of music more than life itself but it's no intro tune imo, you play it as your first tune and you lose the satisfaction that comes from playing the biggest tune of the night maybe two thirds of the way through your set, and slowly fading in those pianos.

Yeah IMO it's more a tune you'd play at the end of your set but I thought OP was just talking about tunes with epic intros? If not then I (and a couple others) completely missed the point.

^ Started a good amount of sets with this down through the years.... Proper builder of a tune, sets a mood, then gives you *so much* to work with, especially if you keep it rolling past that wee drop at like four minutes in and go deep on the cuts with those little breaks that switch in between the Amen.

Not in this so called trance'n'bass epic way (mentioned Up all night remix or Morning light which I fucking adore so much) but Pendulum used to have nice intros.
This is epic, I still remeber the first time I've heard this on radio, blew me away hehe.
I also used to love this one as well

I also think Planet Dust and Signal by Fresh have amazing intros/builds up before the drop.
Purse insane and epic as hell

Few tunes I thought about when I sam this topic.
There is too many great tracks with epic intros to mention :)

Calibre always does a solid no-nonsense intro jam simply and well. Not *every* intro has to drop into mental armageddon.

So I've just gone through all posts

@tyranny be careful not to confuse this with the intro of a set to the intro of a track. Im looking for the intro of the track. A track that can be played anywhere in a set you just know it's that track because you hear the intro instantly.

@Hultaj Those first posts with Pendulum - Slam are all epic intro's without a shadow of adoubt. Just remember though im more looking for the epic intro with melodies but sure you can post up epic intro's its nice to hear them. That Scorned was going to be one of my examples great track nice soft melody intro.

So from what I am looking at John B, Concord Dawn Aphrodite they seem to of been a big part for me with the melody intro's maybe that's why we are missing them. Im glad I made this thread I think we can agree the epic melody intro is not so common these days.

I cant find who said it but I agree the track has to have a good drop after the epic intro, As much as I like the intro to Loadstar Red Rock the drop doesn't really do a lot for me.

Also don't you think a good melody intro is just great fun to mix ?

Those first posts with Pendulum - Slam are all epic intro's without a shadow of adoubt. Just remember though im more looking for the epic intro with melodies
intro on this one would be a better shout...

tbh that intro is the only thing by pendulum ive heard that i actually like. the drop is pony

I think this fits to the thread's theme

because the drop for me is a 1:32 not at 0:28 as some think. It is not that euphoric, but its epicness is large.

Back
Top Bottom