Emo's taking over drum n bass?

Portsmouth's blending the scenes already -

Quote :

There's a new alternative night that has started at Chicago Rock Cafe
on Palmerston Road.

It is on Wednesday nights. Open 20:30 - 01-30.
£1.50 all drinks (except Magners and Guiness).
£2 entrance with NUS, £3 without.
Resident DJ Will Chump (from Route 66 monday nights) + guests.

Music: Electro clash (whatever that is), big beat, breaks, electronica,
jump up drum n bass, metal, rock and indie.

Sounds good to me but then I came from the alternative scene into drum and bass. Then again, I'm not sure if I like the idea of my favourite music being anthemically brutalised the way punk and metal have been. It used to make me want to scream when the DJ played the same tunes every fucking week for years on end. Slam and Bodyrock every single week!? Hmm..... :|

this is kind of relevant to this subject, and really need to know peoples opinion, which is why i have loooked for this forum. i was at seone last saturday, was having an amzing time. i was wearing thick eyeliner and pink glasses and this chav smacked me round the face and said i shouldnt be there. surely we have more in common than not if were at the same rave. do rude boys find this funny? really changed my perspective on chav's at raves. i think that he looked like a dick but i didnt start on him 4 it. would u have thought he was a dick or would u have sided with him because i looked different. please can i have a few answers on this, coz its done my head in.

i wouldn't worry about it fella, every one gets smacked at a rave at some point on their life. i got started on at se-one because i've got a black girlfriend and some rude boys took exception to it, even though they were hanging with a bunch of white girls. it's total hypocracy but you can't let small minded people affect how you feel about the music. and if you're gonna wear guy liner and pink glasses to a rave it's a good idea to say a couple of safeties before you go... just in case.

this is kind of relevant to this subject, and really need to know peoples opinion, which is why i have loooked for this forum. i was at seone last saturday, was having an amzing time. i was wearing thick eyeliner and pink glasses and this chav smacked me round the face and said i shouldnt be there. surely we have more in common than not if were at the same rave. do rude boys find this funny? really changed my perspective on chav's at raves. i think that he looked like a dick but i didnt start on him 4 it. would u have thought he was a dick or would u have sided with him because i looked different. please can i have a few answers on this, coz its done my head in.

It's SEone mate. Hate to say it but at drum and bass raves (esp the bigs ones) it's gonna happen. I don't condone anyone having to put up with what happened to you but you're gonna get hassled if you're a fella wearing eyeliner I'm afraid.

David bowie sum one who used to wear a hell of a lot of make-up as his alter ego ziggy stardust is well known for playin dnb wen he does dj sets which hasd probly helped bring other groups of people into the scene seeing a rockstar tumpin out dnb on technic 1210s how much more rock an roll than that can you get

No, thats completely out of line... you only smack someone if they deserve a smack not for what they wear. Never judge a book by it's cover. The point i was getting at in my first post was that if Emo's influence drum n bass it might divert down a path that i wont like it to go... EG More songs like TC - Rockstar.

hmm never really though bout this because im not really m8s with any emos... imo tho everyone no matter who they are likes some drum and bass kos evry1 in 1 tune or another can see how superior dnb rele is :thumbsup: but i never really notice the emo fing kumin thru.... tc it big tho and so is rockstar sooo duno if it bad fing.... FUCKIN H8 EMOS THO!:missile:

its smack fekin bang out of order mate, at the end of the day why does some jumped up chav have more right than you to be a rave. if anyone's not welcome it should be over agressive pricks who punch someone just for wearing something different. you've got every right to go and listen to music you enjoy and if you're havin a wicked time who's business is it to tell you your not welcome,
keep on ravin'

... errr ...emo ...chavs ...???
come on guys, who gives a sh**t really?
its always about the music, not try hard image crap.

give them a break. ...or a rinse.

i was at seone last saturday, was having an amzing time. i was wearing thick eyeliner and pink glasses QUOTE]

Wrong place to be wearing make up mate. unfortunately you get cunts like that but it is partly your fault for wearing make up to a rave, especially SE 1.

Howabout no make-up? you are male right?! are you that hideous to be needing or wanting to wear make up?
I wouldnt say im the person to smack you for wearing make up, but i am howeva the person who would laugh wondering why the fuck you came out wearing make-up? But thats just me, not every1 would laugh most would smack you, honestly tho you may aswell of worn a meat suit to a lion den? :teeth:

Atleast you can look on the bright side, you didnt get stabbed eh? ;)

I havnt read all the thread here so sorry if I'm repeating anyone....

I go raving a lot and also gig in a band, my favourite clubs are ministry and heaven when they have hospitality and other raves there. I've played at the underworld in camden and sheperds bush empire for a couple. so what im saying is that im used to meeting all kinds of peeps and learnt quite a lot about this shit.

The 'emos' that go to raves can't really be called real emo heads, cz of the fact that they're at a dnb rave. You'd be suprised how many of them will know and listen to calibre! well the ones ive met anyway. Real emo kids would listen to pendulum/progigy maybe some TC etc but not reali go raving to not have to mix in with the ravers. Obviously they'd come to gigs tho. I cant stand emo music now but i used to bust it a lot and most people in that scene are alike.

The thing is that these days there's the whole 'new rave' scene coming around where people will dress like these peeps do and go raving, usually to new rave music though and i dont mean new breaks. I mean bands like the klaxons and trash fashion (www.myspace.com/trashfashion) so they're not exactly emo, but will look like it to most people.

Basically my point is that its not that emo kids are taking over, its just that times are changing and in the end drum n bass is a type of dance music that many different people do and will listen to. It doesn't reali matter in the end what people look like, you never really know what someone is about until you know them. If anyone I know who only listens to bands asks me for some good music to get into then il introduce them to some drum n bass, then who knows they might end up at a rave looking like an emo kid. sorry if that bothers you lol

Basically my point is that its not that emo kids are taking over, its just that times are changing and in the end drum n bass is a type of dance music that many different people do and will listen to. It doesn't reali matter in the end what people look like, you never really know what someone is about until you know them. If anyone I know who only listens to bands asks me for some good music to get into then il introduce them to some drum n bass, then who knows they might end up at a rave looking like an emo kid. sorry if that bothers you lol

A truer word was never spoken mate.

One of the hardest things I've had to accept is that there are a lot of intolerant people in the rave scene, and we don't all get along. Doesnt mean we have to stop trying though.

If you go to a rave, you are a raver.

I remember when Rave music (and that includes D&B) was about people of walks of life, orientation, etc having a good time together!:rowley:

Maybe Emo's would be better off listening to Happy Hardcore than D&B though!:lol:

what do you think makes a forum

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 lemon, juiced
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries

2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar

If you bake it in a muffin tray, its a muffin!

Is that a strange metaphor for the questions in this thread?

I think there's something in that for all of us.

:monkey:

Back
Top Bottom