elitism in dnb

I like some types of music and I don't like others. I have a right to have an opinion, and the right to tell people my opinion, but it doesn't mean I actually hate anyone for their music though.

I like some types of music and I don't like others. I have a right to have an opinion, and the right to tell people my opinion, but it doesn't mean I actually hate anyone for their music though.

Yeah, same here. If i'm not into it, I just tell the person,"nah, that's not my thing.." but don't ridicule them for bein' into it as it's their right to listen to what they want, etc.

Good thread. Its valid to voice this opinion here, my first post ever was kinda similar and that was nearly 6 years ago, so things don't change so much! Everyone was moaning about dilly at the time.

I think dnb has slowly grown more introverted and is kinda dominated by a mentality that really stops it doing interesting stuff. well, stuff that interests me anyway, no disrespect to anyone. but it's why so may heads are into dubstep and old jungle now, I tell ya.

Its funny, now I'm older I like being at raves without huge numbers of 'kids', but when I was a kid I thought I was so fucking elite in my tastes, and used to laugh at older people who thought they were swish.

And you know what, with hindsight I was right to do so.

Back
Top Bottom