Double Drop Battle Arena MK2

COMP CLOSED.
no more entries this week please.

will total up the thanks tomorrow or thursday and see which badger won and picks next weeks track to mix.

so, trial over. how do you think we did? do you want to continue it?

here's my view:
yes i think its good. think we need to make it anonymous and have all the entries posted at the same time.
solution = next week everyone can send me a link to your clips. I don't actually use my mixcloud so i will upload all of them and embed all mixes in one post then we can vote from there.
dont be a idiot and vote for your own mix. i will know and so will you.

thanks to toejam and @dnbforum. they have given me access to make threads in the competitions sub forum so i will move this comp to there.

any other thoughts or suggestions on how to make it better?

also, if anyone has anything they would like to see in Competitions, Podcasts, and DJ of the Month section, please let me know.

I really enjoyed it I'm being asked to explore tunes I would never usually listen to...outside my comfort zone and that.

Ted people use the thanks button to thank people as part of the way a thread works naturally...we shouldn't be confusing the voting system with the thanking system I would have thought.

IMO we need to explicitly post our favs now that everybody's done their thing.

Last edited:
people use the thanks button to thank people as part of the way a thread works naturally...we shouldn't be confusing the voting system with the thanking system I would have thought.

agree.
next week, if everyone sends me their entries via pm.
title your message with the name of the 2 tracks - example "Teddy sent you a new message" break - kicked to death >> pendulum - vault. click ok to read now. alright i will.

i will upload to mixcloud and embed all the clips to one post and label them A B C D etc..
then people can post which mix is their fav.

another thing ive noticed and would like opinions on.
the idea was to pick a track and mix it into something else. example- break - kicked to death >> pendulum - vault.
ive noticed some of you have done it the other way around. example pendulum - vault >> kicked to death

personally i don't have a prob with this and think it will make it a bit more interesting and varied to listen to. everyone ok with that?

Yeeeeeah Ted. Which ever way sounds best imo.

Can I just add that some of you would have had my vote if both tunes had been audible (ie balanced with each other) on the drop. If one gets over-powered by the other it's not a proper double drop. Just my two pence.

Right I'm gonna pick a tune for next week. I hope you guys are all cool with that.

Alix Perez - Behind time

Top tune, I think most of you should have it. Its good fun to mix too.
Lets see what you can do with it.

Pm me a download link to your mix by end of play Monday.
MP3's please.
Other instructions a few posts up.

Will start a fresh thread in the competitions sub-forum and link it here shortly.

Good luck - I look forward to hearing them all.

yeah i think so paps. going by thanks anyway. its a flawed system for voting i think.
seems unfair to me, i think u guys were just being nice. in reality mine sucked.

this week will be much fairer with anonymous entries.

will put a sticky in the comp sub forum this afternoon.

remember to PM me your mixes with ALIX PEREZ - BEHIND TIME by Monday for our first official round of the weekly comp.

a good few entries in so far. nice one fellas
competition is gonna be tight this week.
keep em comming

Mix it wherever you like mate.
First or second drop. Doesn't even have to be bang on any drop really.

Mix in behind time or mix something into behind time, either way is cool.

However you want to do it imo.
I see no reason to make any set rules on mixing methods.
Get creative. Been some smashing entries so far.

Received with thanks wingz.

Plenty entries in already, thanks guys. Appreciated.

If you haven't already entered. I suggest you pull your finger out.
This weeks comp closes Monday night.

Back
Top Bottom