Dnbforum Production Competition VOTING!

Competion Voting: select your favourite tune

• Total voters
IV4 said:
Track B. Awesome intro. The drop's bass is wonderful. To illustrate it has great movement and rocks my house. The drums sound nice. However there is not enough dynamics to them for me to say they are great. In fact this may be whole problem with B. Not enough dynamics in the song. In the 2nd drop there is more variety but not enough to call it the winner.

Whilst we're here I may as well ask.
Any tips on improving.. dynamically?
I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to if I'm honest, but any advice is welcome :)

logikz said:
attire good work buddy, you got more stuff online? recent stuff?

Thanks! Quite impressed with the response.
As much as I'd love to say yes, I'm afraid I'm not the most disciplined producer.
I have a whole bunch of 8 bar loops though? :D

Tracks C and H both really stuck out to me it was so hard to choose between the two. I finally settled on track H because it stuck to the water theme much better I felt. Biggups to all of the producers!

It was more like a hit or miss for me, tried to go way beyond and couldn't finish before submission. Well done everyone! And definitely gotta take risks and keep changing you know, keep it fresh and never get into a loop of repetition with producing.

PS Great reviews lakritz!

Also I didn't get a single vote which is a bit embarassing. :D

Last edited:
should do this once a month or somein..

you know what, i would be up for another one too buddy, what do you say? if the production forum crew approves we can start sketching, i had an awesome idea yesterday, but as it turns out, i forgot. gotta start writing things down, it really pays to do shit like that. be organized and shit.

i think this compo was a total success, for a couple of reasons:
great turn out, perfect number of submissions and everyone really put a lot of effort in
the concept (thank you elmar),
the sample pack (thank you elmar and everyone who contributef)
mainly the supreme organization that subprime did so masterfully.
also thank you IV4 for your reviews. dont know what happened to modern, but something mustve happened to him, he seemed really keen at first and then he just disappeared, anyway, whatever, big up IV4 for coming through.
when we called the winner we had like 42 votes or something m

anywat you reckon we should start sketching then? for themes and whatnot? the compos are good fun they really are

and, cant forget to mention our landslide champange supernova victory winner BAD ACE, the funny part about that is that you made the tune in like a few hours or somerhing and submitted the very next day after the compo had been announced. how in the world do you do it ace, its pretty incredible. can you describe the creative process for this one a little? would be very interesting to read. which i then will copy and make millions and millionns of dollars nyar nyar nyar nyar

haha it was all down to the samples to be honest. they were really good for working with. i got the beat sorted pretty quick, then the intro was water distorted to hell. i then started messing about with the reece sound, cut the high end off as i couldnt get anything out of it without making it sound to distorted. then, added some distortion to the whale sounds wich had some awesome res on it!!! and viola! it was just mostly luck the sounds i got from the pack. it just all flowed perfectly!! thank you all for the votes. everything on my submission was just trial and error really :)

I am up for another one, but if it's another sample pack based competition, can we make the pack smaller and slightly more limited this time?

Back
Top Bottom