Dnb radio stations in portsmouth area

TooEZ

Gibber Jabber
Just wonderin......

R there, or r there goin to b any DNB radio stations in or around the portsmouth area? Would b a good idea .......???:afro:

Originally posted by TooEZ
Just wonderin......

R there, or r there goin to b any DNB radio stations in or around the portsmouth area? Would b a good idea .......???:afro:

i dont know of any, but im sure there must be! i wanna play :D

ive often wondered how tricky it would be to start a small pirate radio station..... according to my research, a transmitter with about 10 mile radius costs about £500, which puts it about £450 out of my budget :cry:

still would be cool though, the pompey pirates :pimp:

we used to run a tinpot station when we were at school from our very own patent 'shitbox generator'. had a range of about 500 metres on a nice day i think. well maybe a bit more. word got round though & we got busted by my mates mum (who's house we broadcasted from). who through us out. then gcse's struck & we got bored. hehehe... such a small town & no other 'community' radio projects so if you got a transmitter of a decent strength you get buted in about 35 seconds. unless you used some clever repeator station trickery of course...

everything you need http://www.veronica.co.uk/

Last edited:
@ affliction, ages ago I found a site whcih had basically a recipe for a pirate station, everything you need... if you want i could try and find it, but im talking like a year ago, dunno if it'll still be working.?!!?

NJOI FM will be back online soon and RUNNIN the South Coast airwaves trust me. Ive seen A LOT of the big london pirate stations studio setups.... and they all look like they were put together by chimps compared to what the Njoi boys have got in store. Proper professional tings. And watch out for the Vicious Circle/Karma b2b Wylie D show on sunday nights .... setting new standards in pirate radio this year trust me... 106 dead on ya FM dial.... watch that space.....

Originally posted by skope
we used to run a tinpot station... word got round though & we got busted by my mates mum (who's house we broadcasted from)... such a small town & no other 'community' radio projects so if you got a transmitter of a decent strength you get buted in about 35 seconds. unless you used some clever repeator station trickery of course...

everything you need http://www.veronica.co.uk/

Never knew about your shady crim past!

I was gonna say, small town + bored cops = immediate crack down.

I was also gonna say, isn't internet radio a lot easier, cheaper / less risky. (I know it ain't the same, but still).

How bout it? DNB? You certainly got plenty archive mixes...

D.

Back
Top Bottom