DnB in Wales?

Gumby

VIP Junglist
Im planning on moving to the UK for a couple of years after i graduate from uni. i want to work in Wales and was wondering if anyone knows what the scene is like over there?
where are the best places to go? and which city should i move to if i want to see the most DnB?

cheers.

yo gumby - first off , are you sure you want to trade in the warmth of your country for Wales (nuff said)?
However, if your going to live in a city in wales id go for Cardiff, just cos its big, and so has more nights a week (Bulletproof and Silent running are just 2).
i live in the south west of wales in the stix near a frontier town called carmarthen - we have been doing a monthly dnb night called Fat Lace for 4 years now, and have just started to book big names (Audio,Break+Silent Witness,Rohan........)
once you settle (if you do) hit me up and ill tell you when any nights/free parties are on around me.
my e-mail is snatchajack@gmail.com
wales has a thriving party scene but if i were you id stay in the sun mate!
p.s - i might be going to australia next year , as i have friends in adelaide, whats the scene like there?:afro:
check my tunes though this link
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=optimystic

mate the scene out here is still young, like opti said cardiff is defo the place if you like cities, it's quite expensive there but also a very nice place to live. the biggest scenes are in cardiff, swansea, and carmarthen, there's definately more jump up orientated vibes in the cities and basically the further west you go the more underground the music gets:rowley:
big ups mate if i were you i'd move to wales too....if i didn't live ere' already:teeth:

thanks mate.

i havent really considered the weather... how cold does it get there? i braved the scottish winter a few years ago. fuck it was cold. had to wear all my clothes at once. i looked so fat haha. i think i'll manage though. at least ill get to celebrate my birthday in summer for the first time in my life!

ive heard of carmarthen- beautiful town. good to hear there are some regular club nights happening in the smaller towns as well. cos even though the scene is bigger in the city, i'd rather work in a small town to really experience the culture and get to know the locals etc. (im a teacher)

i dont know enough about the other australian capital cities to comment on them but i live in perth and we definately have one of the biggest scenes in the country.
5 regular club nights each week:
- wednesday Ebbnflow at the hyde park hotel
- thursday Roller at the rosemount (this has been running for over 6 years and always pulls a crowd)
- friday The Nine at Space Bar
- saturday Trafik at Heat (trafik always organises awesome international acts)
- saturday Revolution at Rise

i'd assume though that most of the internationals who come here would play in the other capital cities as well.

theres an australian site that covers dance music for all the capital cities: www.inthemix.com.au
although that link that mesh posted is probably better for info on adelaide gigs. (y)

luckily it doesn't get as cold here in wales as it does in scotland. the actual area surrounding carms is defo the nicest part of wales e.g very green lot's of lakes and lush rivers and forests...which means lot's of banging free parties.:banana:
to be honest i don't know if the scenes actually are bigger, there are prob just as many die hard junglists here as anywhere else it's just more people in the clubs in the cities

Gumby said:
i dont know enough about the other australian capital cities to comment on them but i live in perth and we definately have one of the biggest scenes in the country.
5 regular club nights each week:

the biggest healthiest scene in australia. standard.

Back
Top Bottom