DNB a bit dead this year compared to last..

wow! untill reading this i didn't realise people had different preferences in sub-genres! amazing stuff!

Stupid useless dreadful twat.

Go outside and have a quick word with yourself, and come back when you think about what youve done.

you've got a sorta point a lot of tunes being released now sound like they've been rushed and i know that artists are always busy at raves and whatever but more time means better tuneage. but there have been a lot of quality tunes this year at the same time. depends how you look at it. my tip for next year is that more dnb on radio, more artists produce radio style tracks, dnb starts to fragment a little (may not necessarily happen still.)

i think i know why some people think its been great and others have not

i think jump up lovers have had not a great year cus they havnt had enough hazard releases and machete madness like last year. although.. original sin album did come out so actually maybe that aint true at all.

for me i deffinetly think this year has been great. brothers hidden depth album. and alix perez 1984 album etc.. i think 2010 is gonna be great too. i dont think the random movement album is out till next year, and spy has got some awesome liquid tunes hes made. if u dont know, check out that marky and friends presents makoto in the mix. first tune and last tune if the mix r both by spy. biiiiig. long live drum and bass :)

is that mitsabishi in your avtar??

yeh u know that. Too much of this dull minimal stuff around, and too many sheep who cant think for themselves jumping on that bandwagon.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its given me a new enthusiasm for dnb that i was kind of losing.
Check the D bridge set at fwd and on some rinse fm thing, these sets are the best things id heard for time.

Ha ha... oh dear never knew that would raise so much anger. I'm not talking in terms of music and production as such but the scene in general in terms of nights... to be honest for me in london its getting a bit stale... matter really has killed it for me, im sorry but anyone who has been raving for a while and has been to the end custard factory or even other smaller ones like herbal (now CLOSED TOO) or cellar in oxford can say that matter really even touches them. The only nights with any feel with them in London in my opinion are shogun and renegade, ram and hospitality are lost causes (contrary to the opinion of most 16 year olds telling me that they are 'bare sick') and the smaller good jump up nights like the ones at area dont seem to happen anymore (I might be wrong). So, say what u want but that's what i'm thinking

London really needs to sort out it's dnb, Ram now is just shit, the last Ram at the end was one of the best nights I've ever had and at hospitality at heaven had too many a joke time, the closure of Herbal is just another annoying thing. Matter is not a decent dnb venue I'm sorry, take away the soundsystem and it's too shit

Ha ha... oh dear never knew that would raise so much anger. I'm not talking in terms of music and production as such but the scene in general in terms of nights... to be honest for me in london its getting a bit stale... matter really has killed it for me, im sorry but anyone who has been raving for a while and has been to the end custard factory or even other smaller ones like herbal (now CLOSED TOO) or cellar in oxford can say that matter really even touches them. The only nights with any feel with them in London in my opinion are shogun and renegade, ram and hospitality are lost causes (contrary to the opinion of most 16 year olds telling me that they are 'bare sick') and the smaller good jump up nights like the ones at area dont seem to happen anymore (I might be wrong). So, say what u want but that's what i'm thinking

Couldnt agree more. Been Ram @ matter but not hospitality yet. They dont seem to be anywhere near the same vibez as ram used to be (@ the end). Its lost its magic. Too many people go because its the 'seen' place to go. used to be about the music. Now those sort of raves are just predictible. Same old ram tunes from c&s Subfocus. Andy really hasnt played a set there like he used to down the end. Only real highlight for a ram night is the guests in room 1 or 2.

Last edited:
this year - Alix perez, Critical Sound, Digital Album, Wonder Where, a little thing called the Autonomic Podcast which has opened up a completely new take on dnb, Shogun have had a slew of killer releases. Metalheadz Podcast

Last Year - Gemini Priniciple, Symmetry EP, Dat Music II, Overflow

I understand what you're saying and once again, opinions opinions but even if you haven't enjoyed the releases the scene is going from strength to strength.

Very much agree, especially coming back from a night at the Custard factory this weekend. While we were there we kept on sayin 'this is much better than matter'

Back
Top Bottom