DJM 700 master level problem.

kern

Hey guys,

Have a djm700 connected to 2 cdj1000's via RCA, and master output via XLR to 2 behringer truths (2031a) and 2 shitty turntables on phono.

My trims have been set appox 9 o'clock on the line channels, so that my channel meters are hitting 0db, just below the yellow. My issue is that when I go to increase my master volume, the volume will be very loud but will only get 1-2 green bars on the master level outputs. I can compensate for this by turning off the speakers and increasing the channel faders to max, and increasing the master output to around 3 oclock, so that its hitting 0db, but if the speakers were turned on I recon i'd blow them or my eardrums....

I can't figure out why i can't get the settings correct so that my line meters and master meter are approx 0db at the same time?

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Kieran

Last edited:
Why do you need to get your master to 0dB? You seem to be over complicating a very simple situation.

Why don't you just turn the volume down on your monitors?

Last edited:
the truths only have one limiter on them? which i've set at the lowest setting, aswell as the master att on the mixer which is also at the lowest.

I don't think it's over complicating, the master levels should be higher thatn 1-2 leds, comfortably, without blowing the speakers.

the truths only have one limiter on them? which i've set at the lowest setting, aswell as the master att on the mixer which is also at the lowest.

I don't think it's over complicating, the master levels should be higher thatn 1-2 leds, comfortably, without blowing the speakers.

They should but not with the monitors that you have got.

B2031A_P0252_Rear_XL.png

So you have the input set to -6dB?

If that is all you can adjust the volume by then it will be extremely loud if you push the master level to 0dB. There is no way to do this with the monitors that you have apart from get a DI box and attenuate the signal by -20dB or get a small studio mixer so you can control the signal coming from the DJ mixer. That is a pointless waste of money though.

I used to use Tannoy monitors with no level control so I was in the same situation. I just ran the master really low.

Yeah with Glox on this.. No need to get the master to sit at 0db, think of it this way, if you could get it 0db and it was a nice low level to mix on and then wanted to crank it up for a party etc and you couldnt it would be extremely shit. Remember this mixers are club mixers too, not just for prancing around your bedroom ;)

Just have the output coming out of the booth output, then you can control the level from the mixer without affecting the master output in the headphones, and, not that it matters, have the LEDs hitting peak.

This is what I do as my monitors don't have a full volume choice, only trim, but because mine is a european plug with an adapter it hisses a bit.

Back
Top Bottom