DJ Entropy - Spiritual Journey (a 99% done dnb tune)

Discussion in 'Production' started by djentropy, Sep 23, 2002.

1. djentropy

djentropy New Member

So after all the shit I went through with my grrlfriend passing away, it made me rethink music as a whole, and I realized that I simply like making music, no matter what it's called. If it happens to sound like music that is out there, that's ok. If it doesn't, that's cool shit too. My stuff always sounds really different than the stuff being made at the present time, but I shouldn't make stuff that sounds different just for THE SAKE of sounding different, and I think I may have done that without even knowing it. Not to say I'm gonna make just tunes that fall into some pre-made category all the time, but I certainly won't be adverse to a tune if it happens to fall into a category.

So I made a tune that is safely called Drum N Bass.

168BPM, very trancey, and pretty dark. All original sounds:

DJ Entropy - "Spiritual Journey"

http://www.warblevx.net/djentropy/tracks/DJ_Entropy_-_Spiritual_Journey.ram

http://www.warblevx.net/djentropy/tracks/DJ_Entropy_-_Spiritual_Journey.mp3

or go here:
    http://www.warblevx.net/djentropy/tracks

Feedback appreciated. I can't master well at 4am, so tommorrow when I wake up, I'll do a better mastering job and re-upload, but yeah, you get the idea. :)

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I fixed your URLs, they didnt work :-/

Just listenin right now, sounds like the snare from The Nine :tut:

3. djentropy

djentropy New Member

Oh shit, it does! whoa, that's funny shit, hahaha, no, I didnt sample it from the nine...its from some sample pack that i got from DOA? I think.....maybe it is the nine snare originally? *shrug*

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I wouldnt worry about it anyways, unless you have a lawsuit against you, but I really cant see that happenin ;]

Its finished now! Nice track overall, some tasty drum edits as per usual, and a subby bassline. Good job!!

Nothing compares to Tech Itch right now though :slayer: :D

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

cool tune that does sound like the nines snare haha doesnt really matter tho does it you 168 is a pretty odd tempo these days ennit pretty trancey yeah maybe you could add some warpy synths or something haha

nice one tho man keep them coming!

6. The Eturn

The Eturn New Member

nice! that bassline after the break is tight as hell, in all the right places....this would deffinately be a crowd pleaser