Dirty Drumstep / Drum & Bass

Great work love that beefy kick very well produced,maybe just little bit more variation,other than that it`s fine!!

Drums sound great could do with a load more sub on the bass front. Bass synths really do nothing for me other than make me want to stop listening. From a technical aspect its a sick track. From a musical aspect not really doing it for me but I'm not a big fan of heavy industrial/dubstep screechy sounds.

Good work though if not to my taste :)

Your drums are perfect in my opininon, Definiteley need variation but they sound good. Only thing lacking for me is the bassline.. it's not dirty enough.. Needs to be more.. in your face ! So dirty it makes u vomit the second u hear it lol cut down on the lfo to, Eq ur bassline.. try and fatten it up and then lay a flat note for a couple bars. Thats the drumstep i like anyway. I have a clip of my own drumstep track in the works on my soundcloud if you would like to have a listen, Thats the sound im aiming for atm. Also, Take a listen (if you havent already) to this drumstep track by shufunk, Probably the best drumstep track (in my opinion) ever made! http://soundcloud.com/shufunkdnb/flip-the-script

Overall what u got so far is good, But the bassline defininetely needs more filth! Hope i helped, ..!.. d-_-b ..!..

intro is a bit lame with only that filtering, the hiend crunches dont sound that good, id leave them out and work on the bass a lot more, give it some sparkle, a FAT lowend and you can drop the other two synths on the drop and give it more drive.

more variation in the percussion and maybe a low shuffle would do good, kick and snare are pretty fine!

big ups!

thanks for all the comments guys, didn't expect so much feedback. glad everyone thinks the drums are spot on. will see what I can do with the bass and post it up when a new version is complete! thanks again people!

Back
Top Bottom