Dimenzion - X : Ganksta

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Good day to you all, you lovely bunch. Been a while since I posted anything new here, been spending alot of time trying to learn Albino, and get sounds from my head, to the VST lol!

Anyway, here's my newest track, it's almost finished, just need to tidy up the structure, and work on the mixdown. I think it would be classed as a jump up , techy type track I guess. Any feedback is welcomed.

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-ganksta

i like the snare that works well with the kick in the intro, they can hit at the same time n still sound good, i think when it drops tho u should fatten the snare. the synth sound u have on the drop is nice and cheeky, i like how its on the offbeat, its clean as well which i like as a lot of jumpup tunes jus rinse distortion. nice overlay of sounds on top of it on the 2nd drop too. i know im not in any way some sort of guru but from an objective point of view ur tracks are getting better and better, im happy for u man (y)

only listening on my shitty cans, but this is sounding tight man... beat is quite punchy... bassline isnt my kind of thing, but this track is well constructed and its got flow, which is the most important thing in drum and bass!!

looks like all that time you spent learnin albino paid off then - this tune is fat, have downloaded and am gonna drop it live (when i play a set like this haha) - it's 320 right?

looks like all that time you spent learnin albino paid off then - this tune is fat, have downloaded and am gonna drop it live (when i play a set like this haha) - it's 320 right?

I'm not sure how soundcloud works with the downloads, I know that it compresses the track to 128 or something for the streaming. I'm unsure if it goes back to a 320 on download, maybe someone could clear that up.

If you need a 320 I can send one your way no probs. Oh, and if you play it out live I'd love it if you could pop back here and leave some feedback on how it went down.... I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks for the positive words guys.

haha, thats a good fellas sample isnt it?

think your drums are lacking once again, synth could do with less reverb for my liking.

btw, what about 'the box' mate? finished that? still interested in a remix? ;)

edit: yeah, downloads are 320!

I'm not sure how soundcloud works with the downloads, I know that it compresses the track to 128 or something for the streaming. I'm unsure if it goes back to a 320 on download, maybe someone could clear that up.
The downloadable file is the same file you uploaded, the streamed audio is a re-worked to lower bitrate as you have stated.

this aint really my kind of track to be honest.
but the sounds a re all crisp an the mixdown sounds pretty good good work

yes fletch man... drums sounded sweet on the intro, main synth was nice and cris! definately your best bit yet ;)

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

whats albino?

Yeah I used albino for the glitchy type main bassline, you know the one ritchie, the one I've been trying to get right for ages lol! It's set out similar to Z3ta+. Really good piece of kit!

@Groelle - the box is practically complete, just a bit of fine tuning needed. You're more than welcome to remix it still if you like? Will try and finalise everything over the next few days if I have time

Yeah the track sounds alright, the production sounds good and it's nice to spend some time in a synth get your own bass from scratch. Your production seems to be flying along, I think it's just a matter of coming up with 'that' bassline that can carry a song for x number of minutes. (but that's like answering the 64 000 dollar question isn't it :) )

quite a funky track... not entirely sure what to make of it... and where or when id drop it.. but i like it.. no constructive criticism tho sorry mate!

really nice sound! perhaps lacking a little shine in the top end? the bassline isnt to my taste, would have liked it to vary more, as that midrange narlyness is quite f*kin filthy, but it looses its impact pretty fast

Back
Top Bottom