Decline of djing article. How far do you think the virus has spread?

Interesting read about the decline of djing shared on Z-Trip's F/B page. I hate to potentiate a rehashiing of a debate we've probably all been part of many times, but I thought it worth sharing, particularly because he frames its decline in the wider context of the decline of music. Of course, he points out some familiar nagging complaints besides. I would be interested to hear how much it resonates with those from outside the States. If his main points are true, do they apply universally yet disproportionately to the States? Do they hold equally across borders? Is it uniquely endemic to the States?

http://djzimmie.com/2013/09/05/end-of-djing/

really good article, most of it is true and mistabishi just proving again he is a full time wasteman haha

Mistis comment has gone, what did it say? Didnt read, but this just isnt happening in the Dnb scene so personally couldnt care for shit about this.

reaaaaaaaaaaaaally good read. and mista bein a cunt as always. still didnt figure out that producing =/= djing.

read it miszt, worth your time!

and id agree only to an extent thats its better here in europe. maybe regarding underground music, but go to a bigger venue on a mainstream night, and youll see exactly what he portraits.

I refused to believe about the decline of dj'ing and death of vinyl etc... But im starting to realise its just the way its going... Iturned up to a club last night for a set and without telling anyone they had got rid of the 1210's... :(.

Back
Top Bottom