Decent lawyers within the music industry

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by dj-dusty, Sep 25, 2009.

1. dj-dusty

dj-dusty Member

Does anyone know of any?

I need some one to have a look at a contract for me, its for a commercial house track that me a a couple of mates done about a year ago and we have been approached by somone who is talking very big and says he reckons there is a chance it could turn into a big commercial release.

He sent over a H.O.A Letter (Heads of agreement) but it isnt very clear what he wants and what the deal actually is and says he is getting a contract written up as we speak and strongly advised us to seek professional advice.

Would very much appreciate it if some one could point me in the right direction to a decent lawyer, dunno if this has ever happened to anyone on here but it came as quite a shock to us when we received the phone call and we just wanna make sure were not getting mugged off.

Cheers in advance guys

2. dj-dusty

dj-dusty Member

3. dj-dusty

dj-dusty Member

One more time just in case?

4. snatch

snatch Member

i dont know of anyone, have you tried googling said thread title? something might come up.. or get on the blower to your local lawyer/soliciters and see is they know anyone/can help. sounds like you could be in the money though!

5. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

if the contract isint clear then tell them mate,

does it mention what %'s of money you will be getting or anything?

6. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

jus re read that, well wait till you get the contract, it may be a bit clearer then.