Drum & Bass DARKSTEP idea.

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by `ry4ndnb, Dec 3, 2012.

1. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Hi, I was making some reese basses, and when I was derping I made some nice bassline, today I added some drums. How do you find this?
    http://soundcloud.com/ry4ndnb/pre

2. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

the bass is dirrrty and the filter coming off sounds nice as hell! drums sound a bit industrial tech though! id go with a slightly neater drum beat but other than that its pretty cool just needs mixing and finishing

3. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Thx for feedback! What do u mean by 'neater'? Harder snare, more elements ?

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Something seems off about the snare. Possibly to much distortion or a cleaner mix. The bass is neet, but the stab when it hits with kick is clashing. You might want to sort that out. If this seems to vague I would be happy to explain myself further just let me know.

5. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Hi, I was doing some other things, so I had a little delay.. I re-made the drop (used vocal form some scp game =D) and it sounds BRILLIANT! What do you think about that hardstyle synth?
    ps: also changed artist name, that one was 'temporary'..
    https://soundcloud.com/ry4ndnb/dr1l-scp-173-v2-prewiev

ediyt: IV4, oh yea, i removed 1 snare form all, it sounds cleaner now, but the new distort kick is verry distorted, so when I`m putting the one after second (you know, that corssbreed brek pum pum pum :DDD), it`s harshing, but in silngle dnb break sounds good. Does kink need less distort?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Gritty mate!

That bass hits ya hard, but yeah those drums need some tweaking in my opinion, I would suggest starting with some better samples, that will help as they are cleaner from the start :)

7. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Drums fill be finished while mixing, snare need a bit more punch, and kick could be shorter, yeaa? :D Is that hardstyle synth annoying? Any idead to improve the dorp?

EDIT: I`m using Vengeance smaples, so they`re good.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012