D.O.T - GUANTLET - SC Clip V1.0 - work in progress

Someone shot the food.

The drums are sounding big only thing I can suggest is maybe some variation on the timing and velocity of the rides to give it a more natural feel. Maybe some bongo too after 16 bars or whatever. The bass is ok but it gets boring quickly and I think it needs more variation and more silence to let the drums through on their own because they are nice and occasionally should switch to a different bass.

The gauntlet vocals are funny but a bit muffled in places. They work before the drop but maybe you could use them in isolation like you did in your OG Returns remix. The synths in the intro sound a bit stupid tbh but might work for jump up but kids probably won't know the game.

Intro: gotta admit man this intro really threw me off at first, sounded almost evil fairground'ish but at 0:25 the switch on the intro suited it much better ! Kick and snare are fucking great man, love the space the kick has really solid and thick. Overall all the drums wise sounds good to me man, really clear and mixed well !

hook: mid bass is really clear and neuro/techy, I'm a sucker for a cool sounding bass so a thumbs up from me on this. Although I was killing for a little more sub bass !

at around the 2:20 minute mark the track did feel a bit samey but that is the trapping of a WIP for sure, I think overall this sounds pretty damn good and is definitely not far from being wrapped up.

Overall all I'd say is a little more sub bass / variation on the 3rd 16 after the drop with the bass (maybe roll a low pass over and a few percussive elements roll in on the way to the breakdown / more wilder edits on the end of every 16 and it's great !

If you could feedback me too man that would be great : https://dnbforum.com/threads/chapter-11-suspicious-wip.202354/

Someone shot the food.

The drums are sounding big only thing I can suggest is maybe some variation on the timing and velocity of the rides to give it a more natural feel. Maybe some bongo too after 16 bars or whatever. The bass is ok but it gets boring quickly and I think it needs more variation and more silence to let the drums through on their own because they are nice and occasionally should switch to a different bass.

The gauntlet vocals are funny but a bit muffled in places. They work before the drop but maybe you could use them in isolation like you did in your OG Returns remix. The synths in the intro sound a bit stupid tbh but might work for jump up but kids probably won't know the game.
All of the less great sounds are sampled directly from the game so they are probably 8 or 16 bit tbh. I hear what you aree saying, but i'm 41 yrs old and this is how video games sounding when i was a we lad lol. That being said maybe i should revist the EQ's on those parts to make them pop more. Good advice thank you. Icoocked up the bline in about 5minutes and am definitely working on variations of the pattern and whatnot. aND THANK YOU i WORKED HARD ON THE DRUMS SOUND DESIGN BUT LIKE YOU MENTIONED NOW I NEED TO VISIT THE PATTERNS.whoope didnt realize i hit caps lol

Intro: gotta admit man this intro really threw me off at first, sounded almost evil fairground'ish but at 0:25 the switch on the intro suited it much better ! Kick and snare are fucking great man, love the space the kick has really solid and thick. Overall all the drums wise sounds good to me man, really clear and mixed well !

hook: mid bass is really clear and neuro/techy, I'm a sucker for a cool sounding bass so a thumbs up from me on this. Although I was killing for a little more sub bass !

at around the 2:20 minute mark the track did feel a bit samey but that is the trapping of a WIP for sure, I think overall this sounds pretty damn good and is definitely not far from being wrapped up.

Overall all I'd say is a little more sub bass / variation on the 3rd 16 after the drop with the bass (maybe roll a low pass over and a few percussive elements roll in on the way to the breakdown / more wilder edits on the end of every 16 and it's great !

If you could feedback me too man that would be great : https://dnbforum.com/threads/chapter-11-suspicious-wip.202354/
thank you brother, i agreee with you on all these points and will revisit them. thanks again! gonna peep your tunes now as I need content for the DNBForum.com Podcast

Back
Top Bottom