Courses

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Has anyone gone on an intensive production course before??

I am intersted in getting a push forward with my 'skills' (ahem!) on Reason...

any advice appreciated...ta:coffee:

logikz said:
no, im self taught same as all my crew really.
but i saw a thread on how to do a reece on reason on doa, you reckon thatd help or maybe a nintendo or a peeling or a something nice

yeah im self taught as well but i want to push things forward if you see what i mean. Most big producers talked too or seen interviews with always mention its a good idea to get on a course to stop bad habbits etc

I did a music technology course a few years back and it was SHIT! There were about 30 macs in the classroom, each with Logic Audio 5 installed..... not a bad setup you might think... but there were only 10 or so valid licenses keys for Logic, so loads of people had to go without! Also the teacher was a prick, he got suspended at the end of the first year for swearing at pupils and just generally being shit. There was one sensible guy there (a teaching assistant, but she should have been running the show!), but he got fed up with all the nonsense and last i heard moved to Brighton Uni... i ended up quitting near the start of year 2, realising i was wasting my time.

Anyway, my bad experience aside, it's def a good idea to enroll in a course if you're entirely sure that's what you want to do as a career!. Don't make the mistake, as many have done, of choosing a course because it's your hobby. Think seriousley if it's a career move or just a waste of time! Good luck matey!

If you do decide to enroll, search around for the best, most well equipped course you can!

I guess it can help, especially on the hardware side of things. My school offers quite a few production wise courses and they got a pretty decend studio setup there. First year now behind me, only tech was discussed (plus they concentrate more on video than audio) but next year its gonna be more wide ranged i hear.

Affliction said:
if you're entirely sure that's what you want to do as a career!.

If you do decide to enroll, search around for the best, most well equipped course you can!

nah..ive got a career but i was thinking more of a week long course rather than a college course just to give me a boost in the old knowledge dept!

i already got a career...dont need another and my college days are long gone !!

you would be better of going to a studio
and volunteering to help out.....
sure they will make you roll up cords and make
coffee for ages....
but eventually the will give you more responsibility.....
wont get paid for your work.... but you will learn more
then you will at any course

sook said:
you would be better of going to a studio
and volunteering to help out.....
sure they will make you roll up cords and make
coffee for ages....
but eventually the will give you more responsibility.....
wont get paid for your work.... but you will learn more
then you will at any course

im too busy....i got a full time 9-5 design job and a freelance design job too! i just wanted a crash course in a particular prgramme to boost up the knowledge

lokki said:
im too busy....i got a full time 9-5 design job and a freelance design job too! i just wanted a crash course in a particular prgramme to boost up the knowledge
Yeah I'd like to do this, part-time style.

Would need to be evenings or weekends.

I went to Confetti in Nottingham (Residence of MC Spyda) for 2 years. That was a novice, learnt loads, a bit of software, hardware, studio techniques, midi etc. Really good tutors, and excellent setup. If you do the BTEC and progress to the HND you get to use top of the line gear.

Maybe not for you though. Confetti do one to one courses aswell though. You choose what you learn and get special tuition. The tutors really know there stuff and all write for computermusic and music tech magazines. If you can get to nottingham maybe look at SAE in Liverpool or London. Best things grab someone who know's there stuff and force them to tell you everything. Get some magazines aswell, some of the tutorial's can be useful.

Back
Top Bottom