Could use some help!

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
You guys keep telling me I need more movement in by bass If this is not enough I think I might slam a door on my wang. I have also used more of spaced out notation like some have suggested also. there is also a shit load of side chaining on anything above 300 hz. And the bass from sub to high is all one sine wave wavetable synth split the fuck up until my heart desire. So with all that in mind PLEASE tell me what I could do better before I actually start this song. This clip is what the drop should somewhat sound like.

if you slam a door on your wang don't forget to film for the videoclip already while you're at it.
Nothing boosts your name more than freaky cock action in your clips, ask skepta :teeth:

its a great start, how about every 4 or 8 bars, introduce a cleaner bass sound, a big fat Square or sumthing, and every few phrases, cut the bass out completly and then filter down from the top, then boom, bak into it.

a nice way to get movement is to think about the stereo field, duplicate your bass channel, and chop one bit of the phrase out on the new channel, then add sum chorus with lots of stereo going on, so that ur bass occasionally alternates from the original bass, into a big wide stereo one, then back again, wobblewobble...then into a clean square...then back again, u dont have to keep the dirt going all the time either, maybe a section with just a few stabs of dirt running over the sub on full

its a great sound u got going there anyways, getting movement can be fukin hard work, but it gets easier the more u times u do it

its a great start, how about every 4 or 8 bars, introduce a cleaner bass sound, a big fat Square or sumthing, and every few phrases, cut the bass out completly and then filter down from the top, then boom, bak into it.

a nice way to get movement is to think about the stereo field, duplicate your bass channel, and chop one bit of the phrase out on the new channel, then add sum chorus with lots of stereo going on, so that ur bass occasionally alternates from the original bass, into a big wide stereo one, then back again, wobblewobble...then into a clean square...then back again, u dont have to keep the dirt going all the time either, maybe a section with just a few stabs of dirt running over the sub on full

its a great sound u got going there anyways, getting movement can be fukin hard work, but it gets easier the more u times u do it

here ya go, something you can use. ;)

Now back to the wang jokes!

Do you have that running straight out of the synth > to processing > out?

You have the basic riff there, now you could make a new midi clip with some other more random notes, turn up the portamento, get some bending sounds, some fast notes etc. Export what you have and the new one as wav then start the freq splitting again and make a new fx chain, more saturation/distortion on the mids and highs, chorus, formant filter, reverb whatever, then cue through and find the tasty bits (like here at 33/34 and 43/44 secs, I'm sure that would come up nice resampled) and export them as short clips and make your own sample pack. Change the fx, or tweak the settings and export some more. Then sequence those samples to make a bassline, or to add as fills like miszt said.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

[/COLOR]Damn right it is hard. Any way thank you for your response. I do have the bass set up into three channels. One controling the sub with a strong mono suppression(a term I just made up but you get the point). What I did then was starting at around 535 hz I split the freqs in two and turn each channel to only the left and right side of the speaker. Then did my fx chain. One of the problems I keep finding my self in is I can make a great sound but what the hell do I do with it. With this advice I might have a start.

Also do you think I should use a different synth to bring in the square wave. The osc I used to make this are all sine and you only get the square sound by moving the position knob to a certain location. I have these knobs moving In opposite but equal directions in co-ordination with the chorus feedback hook up to a LFO. Any way I am afraid that If I manually Position them they will start hitting out of sync and that sounds like poo.

Thanks again Miszt I cant wait to try these.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------
Now back to the wang jokes!
I tell you what. If you come up with something clever enough you can name the track with a wang joke.[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Do you have that running straight out of the synth > to processing > out?
Yes,
re-sampling scares me. But I will try. Do you think I should use long notes and cut them up or short ones?
Also coming up with an fx chain sucks 99.9 percent of the time I get it wrong and make things worse. I know that learning to re-sample will be a key part in being able to produce the kinds of songs I want to make but I don't know where to start. Do you have any somewhat detailed fx chains that you would be able to share that could translate to reason? Also how do you get the evenness of volume and texture?
Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom