Chelmsford DNB scene........

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Does anyone know what the Chelmsford (essex) dnb scene is like?.....Is there any decent nights there? What local djs are there? I know theyve got roughtempo radio and ive heard kenny ken and ruffstuff on there.

Not what it used to be.. loads of DJs, a lot of good ones too, but not many nights seem to take off here.. Intense have sorted a few big nights here though which have done well.. And yes it's the home of roughtempo which is getting bigger and better all the time.. Usually a big name guest every week

Not what it used to be.. loads of DJs, a lot of good ones too, but not many nights seem to take off here.. Intense have sorted a few big nights here though which have done well.. And yes it's the home of roughtempo which is getting bigger and better all the time.. Usually a big name guest every week

thanks man...Im thinking of putting on a night in FUSION in september....whys is dead?.....is it lack of decent nights or is there not really any call for dnb there......Are you living in chelmsford??

I think it is a lack of good well run nights mate tbh.. The ones without headliners haven't done too well recently, but the ones that the promoters have put the effort in have done well.. There was something started last year, which they tried to do a simple weekly thing, but it didnt work out at all.. I think something big maybe 4 times a year would work well though. And yeah I'm in Chelmsford now bro..

I think it is a lack of good well run nights mate tbh.. The ones without headliners haven't done too well recently, but the ones that the promoters have put the effort in have done well.. There was something started last year, which they tried to do a simple weekly thing, but it didnt work out at all.. I think something big maybe 4 times a year would work well though. And yeah I'm in Chelmsford now bro..

well hopefully my event will go down well.....going to use club fusion....sat 1st september......so far weve used total science, ruffstuff, mc funsta, ashatack.......thinking of bringing pleasure n origin to chelmo......plus our talanted residents.........sometimes its the way it gets promoted that makes the difference not the line-up

well, ill keep you posted man...mybe i can sort some concession if you pop in with a few people.

Does anyone know what the Chelmsford (essex) dnb scene is like?.....Is there any decent nights there? What local djs are there? I know theyve got roughtempo radio and ive heard kenny ken and ruffstuff on there.

My pal goes to essex uni and i head up there quite a lot. Some suprisingly good nights on at their uni actually.

In colchester town theres always a night Heist is putting on. Follow him on facebook and you'll see events start popping up. Sumo Beatz night that heist runs/co-runs is sick.

well hopefully my event will go down well.....going to use club fusion....sat 1st september......so far weve used total science, ruffstuff, mc funsta, ashatack.......thinking of bringing pleasure n origin to chelmo......plus our talanted residents.........sometimes its the way it gets promoted that makes the difference not the line-up

well, ill keep you posted man...mybe i can sort some concession if you pop in with a few people.

This. At the end of the day it could be a 15 year old ive never heard of up there on the 1's and 2's, but if the set is sick, the set is sick, no matter who played it.

That's Colchester, not Chelmsford dude. The uni has an awesome sound system, but like I said, it's a different town about 25 miles away.. Also I can't look at Heist the same way again after what happened last month (He wasn't booked for the Fearless birthday bash, so he freaked out slating the promoters on Facebook etc, then went round Colchester taking down the fearless posters and putting up his own) which to me is a little immature and childish.

ez, ive running dnb nights in chelmsford for years, with the right djs, venue & promotions we have had some wicked parties, but they have to be spread out because theres not enough dnb heads to go out every week, or even every month.. i normally do every other month... our next one is sat 30th june feat Marcus Intalex view the post for it here http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/145073-Mojo-Hooga-feat-Marcus-Intalex-–-Sat-30th-June-2012

with regards to fusion we held nights there for a few years, but it was just stress, the manager is a bit of a chief and wont let u have it up loud until after 11 becaase he has people eating in his restaurant upstairs...plus the system is a bit dodge, and shake the booth made out of the cheapest ply.. plus there are no decks or cdjs, you have to bring the lot urself, just a bit of a mission really... you want to chat about putting events on come down the shop i will give ya hand and sponsor it for... good luck

ez, ive running dnb nights in chelmsford for years, with the right djs, venue & promotions we have had some wicked parties, but they have to be spread out because theres not enough dnb heads to go out every week, or even every month.. i normally do every other month... our next one is sat 30th june feat Marcus Intalex view the post for it here http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/145073-Mojo-Hooga-feat-Marcus-Intalex-–-Sat-30th-June-2012

with regards to fusion we held nights there for a few years, but it was just stress, the manager is a bit of a chief and wont let u have it up loud until after 11 becaase he has people eating in his restaurant upstairs...plus the system is a bit dodge, and shake the booth made out of the cheapest ply.. plus there are no decks or cdjs, you have to bring the lot urself, just a bit of a mission really... you want to chat about putting events on come down the shop i will give ya hand and sponsor it for... good luck

thanks for the heads up on fusion mate.....i was already weary of them after speaking on the phone to them.....plus 350 hire fee was a bit steep i thought considering my events been going for a year now and i dont mean to float my own boat but i tried explaining to them i was'nt a fly by knight and i'd fill the venue......but anyway after a meeting with the other promotors of my event and a bit of homework we've decided to just stick to our own home town for now...chelmsford too much of a gamble for us in regards to our rep...i mean i know a lot of people from chelmo so promo would be pretty easy, plus a few people from RTR have played at my previous events in London so i got the contacts....nothings a cert in promotion though is it?

....and finally i wouldnt want try and muscle in on any events already going on in chelmo....not saying mine would be better of course.......but once i get flyers for the next event we doing which will be in harold hilll / romford ill drop into intense with a batch of flyers.

nice one fellers

Back
Top Bottom