buying samples

kieran t

thinking of buying some sample packs from prime loops whats the best formats?
would the quality of the samples be different in anyway?
wav
apple loops
rex2 files

i use logic 9
thanks

Firstly, go get your self the temple of breaks and drum and bass drum loops. Secondly, just get wav. In wav they still follow tempo so no point getting only apple loops.

apple and rex are good for logic and mac 'tings. Wav for windows.
Dunno why but my ableton does NOT play nice with rex, I cant seem to warp 'em at all.

There should be no perceivable difference in quality though.

why not just use proaudiozone or audioz websites. As far as best format i would go with rex if you have logic

ahh ok but now i can’t download anything,
i hate them type of sites.
full off misleading links that take you to bet.com and you still can’t find where to download. :(

apple and rex are good for logic and mac 'tings. Wav for windows.
Dunno why but my ableton does NOT play nice with rex, I cant seem to warp 'em at all.

There should be no perceivable difference in quality though.

Dunno if this will help but you can warp to midi which will put all the Rex hits into the piano roll for you to do what you like, or consolidate the Rex file after dropping it into your project, then you can warp to your hearts content :)

Sample Genie can be good, but the content does need to be more varied. Some of the drum hits are blatantly just taken from other sample packs, not all the drum hits just some, probably the producers being lazy. Definitely a bit of repetition in the drum hits.

It'd be good if the SG producers put their drums into the individual layers they made the main breaks from, or at least included the hits they used to make the break. I think there is room for improvement with SG, although it's still a good source for samples.

Why dont you check out the new Break sample pack? Prime Loops are usually not the best quality, and temple of breaks are not going to be that helpful to you unless you use straight breaks only in your tunes.

audioz.eu is ok for samples and stuff.

Last edited:
Sample Genie can be good, but the content does need to be more varied. Some of the drum hits are blatantly just taken from other sample packs, not all the drum hits just some, probably the producers being lazy. Definitely a bit of repetition in the drum hits.

It'd be good if the SG producers put their drums into the individual layers they made the main breaks from, or at least included the hits they used to make the break. I think there is room for improvement with SG, although it's still a good source for samples.

Why dont you check out the new Break sample pack? Prime Loops are usually not the best quality, and temple of breaks are not going to be that helpful to you unless you use straight breaks only in your tunes.

audioz.eu is ok for samples and stuff.

50 mb of poor, useless samples is just not good enough for me, unsubscribed. Will check out that break pack tho ;)

thanks for the replies everyone

dose anyone know where i can get samples of voices not so much accapellas more like movie samples /quotes.
also if i was to sample my own how would i go about extracting audio from films

Back
Top Bottom