Buying Headphones - Does it really matter?

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist
Iv been DJin about two years now an gettin pritty serious, over the two years iv probley been through 5 pairs of £10-£20 headphones.
I see most people using Sennheiser headphones ranging from £80.
Any advice as im playing a few clubs over the next few month

buying cars - does it really matter?

i've been spending £2000 - £3000 on nissan micras over the last few years, but i'm getting more serious about driving, should i buy a £30,000 bmw?

:rinsed:

Iv been DJin about two years now an gettin pritty serious, over the two years iv probley been through 5 pairs of £10-£20 headphones.

Most people will tell you to shell out £150 on the Sennheiser HD25 Sp's II. But iv got the HD25 SP's and for nearly half the price they do the exact same job. Id recommend the 25s but if your feeling flush and are really serious go for the MKII's

:2thumbs:

If your starting playing out I would recomend getting some decent headphones i.e. Sennheiser HD25 II

if you are buying 10-20 quid head phones 5 times a year that is about 100 quid a year on shoddy head phones, if you splash out 80 nuggets on sennheiser or sony (that what i use £100) they will last you forever if you look after them, i have had mine for 3 years and not a problem.

plus u will benefit from sound quality and better frequencies from a good set of phones, especially if you are playing out, my advice is to get a nice pair that you are comfortable with, and if you treat them right they will; last you forever.

just get some hd25s and you'll never need to buy another pair of headphones again......

this!!
had a set a while now and they rock! sound great, fit nice and snug!
all the parts are replaceable so if something does go wrong theres no need to bin them.
the only thing i dont like about them is if u take them on and off alot the wires can sometimes get a bit tangled and try and strangle u! but dont let that put u off!

this!!
had a set a while now and they rock! sound great, fit nice and snug!
all the parts are replaceable so if something does go wrong theres no need to bin them.
the only thing i dont like about them is if u take them on and off alot the wires can sometimes get a bit tangled and try and strangle u! but dont let that put u off!

I found this as well.
BUT

I have the solution, everytime Iv finished mixing I just pull the headphones off the band hold them by the wire hanging down and allow them to uncurl themselves. good as new! and no strangulation

Defo go for the Sennheiser. I got pair had them over year and no problems. Defo worth the money.

I always say "buy cheap, you buy twice".

Back
Top Bottom