Bulletstorm - Phat LSO (feedback very much appreciated)

ive got mixed feelings about this

on the one hand, most of it is pretty boring
eg. 0.20-1.20

but then theres parts that are pretty interesting
eg. 1.20-2.10 sounds good

for my taste it's too "hardcore" ;o)

i like the bass. the drums are too crazy for me. also the synth in the 2nd part is a bit too agressiv for me. but from the technical view its very good produced and the mix is good too!

Heavy choon man, and I'm actually enjoying the arrangement. I'll agree with the previous post that it starts off a bit slow, but when it picks up that shit bangs nicely.

One like trick I like to do (as do many a producer) is to end a couple measures with the drums and percussion muted, and then have it all come back at the beginning of the next measure, a "silent fill" if you will. This will add a bit of suspense and make the track perceived to be "louder."

Are you compressing your kick and/or sending all your drums/percussion to a bus for submixing?

I'd like to hear a little "something" more in the intro.

I really dig the shuffling drums, it's a nice change of pace and really works with the track.

Sick bass.

Cheers.

thanks for the comments =)

we'll look into making the first part more enjoyable, maybe build up more suspense.
although the first part will probably be used for mixing.
the kick consist out of layered kicks and some of those are compressed, and the track has a lot of equalizers over it to make things sound like this.

I like all the ideas, it's just not coming across as I would want. Big and heavy for sure. Just seems like the higher mids are dominating making it more screechy over-all than richter scale material.
Neomind would be a good one to give you practical tips on this one.

Back
Top Bottom