Bristol lacking in D&B

Lakota's a weird one at the moment, they still have nights going on but they're pretty weird nights to be honest. They've got Tribe of Frog, which is amazing but thats also at Black Swan every other time, they had a night called Happy Daze there recently which was rammed. Went and saw LTJ Bukem there last year and the place was pretty empty (no idea why - its LTJ!!! Met the man himself as well) So it's pretty hit and miss with Lakota.

Yeah Dojo's soundsystem sucks. Haven't been there for about two years now. Shame though as they often have some pretty good line ups courtesy of Intrigue

Since lakota had to reduce the smoking area to a maximum of 10 people and the bouncers turned a bit more hardcore it just doesnt have the same vibe there anymore...but then again i havnt been down there in a while. Red Dread Audio still put on some big nights there though. Some of the lineups look hench. Havnt managed to get down for one though. Went to Commix & Storm at dojo last year and the soundsystem wasnt really up to much.

Black Swan seems sick only been once there and was pretty messy...would love to see a decent dnb lineup there

Black swan is the one! havnt been there for a while but i remember seeing calyx & Teebee & Klute on the last dissident night and the venue was perfect. quite fun going round to the front and having a pint in the pub section in the early hours too!

although there does seem to be a decline in the dnb nights in bristol i am very much loving the jungle resurrection in bristol of late. would definitely be heading down for this if i wasnt going to the Exit 10th bday thing in london - http://www.headfirstbristol.co.uk/#12419

...sweet amens all night long

Since lakota had to reduce the smoking area to a maximum of 10 people and the bouncers turned a bit more hardcore it just doesnt have the same vibe there anymore...but then again i havnt been down there in a while.

Yeah I remember the queues just trying to go for a cig! Its better now though, theyve expanded it a bit again - you get at least 100 out there at a time now. Yep, those bouncers are effing nuts! Don't want to get on the wrong side of them! I think a lot of students are genuinely scared of Lakota, but Tribe and Happy Daze are starting to turn that around a bit - Tribe seems to get more studenty every time i go!

quite confused that no one has given motion a shout yet.. still going strong as ever with their run nights, and stb usually has some good d&b lineups too.

the next lineup for run is looking fucking sick.

Main Room and Tunnel by D*style and Hench:
CALYX and TEEBEE
NEOSIGNAL (live)
DELTA HEAVY
TC
NEWHAM GENERALS
JAKES b2b HIZZLE GUY
MAMPI SWIFT
D*MINDS
SUB ZERO
VODEX
TEMO
Hosted by:
SKIBADEE
HARRY SHOTTA
IC3
KOAST
TEXAS
+much more tba!!!!
Critical 2nd Warehouse takeover:
ENEI
KASRA
MEFJUS b2b PHACE
FOREIGN CONCEPT
IVY LAB
RUFFHOUSE
Hosted by:
GQ
BASSLINE MC

but other than motion there isn't much on i suppose.. only been to basement 45 once, seemed okay. noisy neighbours are also planning a sickkkkkkk 18 hour d&b festival in june.

quite confused that no one has given motion a shout yet.. still going strong as ever with their run nights, and stb usually has some good d&b lineups too.

the next lineup for run is looking fucking sick.

Main Room and Tunnel by D*style and Hench:
CALYX and TEEBEE
NEOSIGNAL (live)
DELTA HEAVY
TC
NEWHAM GENERALS
JAKES b2b HIZZLE GUY
MAMPI SWIFT
D*MINDS
SUB ZERO
VODEX
TEMO
Hosted by:
SKIBADEE
HARRY SHOTTA
IC3
KOAST
TEXAS
+much more tba!!!!
Critical 2nd Warehouse takeover:
ENEI
KASRA
MEFJUS b2b PHACE
FOREIGN CONCEPT
IVY LAB
RUFFHOUSE
Hosted by:
GQ
BASSLINE MC

but other than motion there isn't much on i suppose.. only been to basement 45 once, seemed okay. noisy neighbours are also planning a sickkkkkkk 18 hour d&b festival in june.

Motion seems to be just putting on house and techno nights only at the moment, and you get a really annoying crowd going there. Is a wicked club though, no denying that. Not usually a fan of the Run and STB line ups but I've got to say I may draw for that one and camp in the 2nd warehouse all night. What's the date of it?

I go to every run or stb night at Motion. always huge lineups and the system in the main room is weight. Crowd tend to be faggy students but you can defo spot the heads.

I go to every run or stb night at Motion. always huge lineups and the system in the main room is weight. Crowd tend to be faggy students but you can defo spot the heads.

haha im a faggy student. System in the main room is seriously on point...motion is so well run its ridiculous, shame they got rid of all those sofas in the smoking area though!

Haha sorry man! Yea whole place is mental, tunnel is vibes too. tell me about it, was livid last time, I like to smoke a bifta out there or regain composure when I'm gurning to fuck lol

tunnel is vibes too.

Yeah, probably my favourite room in motion to be honest. Unless they've changed the sound system in main room since I last went, I would disagree. I always feel it sounds empty. There's a sweet spot at the back which is alright, but other than that I wouldn't say it was anything special. Must be hard to get it right for such a large room though

Re: Bristol lacking in D&B

http://motionbristol.com/index.php/events/single-event/228-run-9

run vs. critical any heads going?

- - - Updated - - -

oh soz just noticed been mentioned.. anywayz whos on it

- - - Updated - - -

haha im a faggy student. System in the main room is seriously on point...motion is so well run its ridiculous, shame they got rid of all those sofas in the smoking area though!

do they still have the nos bar?

I've always thought the main room at motion sounds gash compared to the tunnel. Can't be done if you've been in the tunnel first.

Vibe is always a bit weird at motion too

I also go to a lot of the motion nights, yeah the sound system in the main room is a bit weird, depends where you stand. Right at the front on the balcony is>>
For some reason though i prefer the Cave to the Tunnel.

Also The Exchange have had some decent nights on, Exit, Symmetry, Critical ect.

I also go to a lot of the motion nights, yeah the sound system in the main room is a bit weird, depends where you stand. Right at the front on the balcony is>>
For some reason though i prefer the Cave to the Tunnel.

Also The Exchange have had some decent nights on, Exit, Symmetry, Critical ect.

yeah exchange is a decent...shame the soundsystem can be fucking SHIT at times tho

Yes! I have definitely noticed this...a real shame. The main reason I chose Bristol Uni was because it had a thriving dnb scene back then. I haven't scene abstractions put a night on for a long time. Intrigue are still going though. Shock tactics, you're Tom, rob mclavertys cousin yeah?

Haha yeah man it's me, you doing any nights in the future? I'll be doing the next couple of Dirty Note ones at B45.

Done Motion to death and I always find the tunnel hard to let loose in because it gets to packed and you can't find room. Might see if people want to head along to that one though as the line up is great and I missed Critical at the exchange last time they were here.

Read dread audio do put some decent nights on and Lakota used to be an amazing club until they had all their problems and since then it's lost their vibes. I always get tempted to fly two hours down the motorway to London for nights in the last couple of years and then back home on the first National Express and in bed for 11 am usually.

Anyone going to the Naughty Neighbors 18 hour party in Clevedon?

Re: Bristol lacking in D&B

Done Motion to death and I always find the tunnel hard to let loose in because it gets to packed and you can't find room. Might see if people want to head along to that one though as the line up is great and I missed Critical at the exchange last time they were here.

Read dread audio do put some decent nights on and Lakota used to be an amazing club until they had all their problems and since then it's lost their vibes. I always get tempted to fly two hours down the motorway to London for nights in the last couple of years and then back home on the first National Express and in bed for 11 am usually.

Yeah man I should be going to naughty neighbours, line up looks huge! Would really like some of the deeper/techier dnb there too, don't like listening to too much jump up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah man I should be going to naughty neighbours, line up looks huge! Would really like some of the deeper/techier dnb there too, don't like listening to too much jump up.

I've always thought the main room at motion sounds gash compared to the tunnel. Can't be done if you've been in the tunnel first.

Vibe is always a bit weird at motion too

this

run and STB lineups seem to have got loads better since the dubstep thing died down

this

run and STB lineups seem to have got loads better since the dubstep thing died down

Also agree in terms of the sound in main room. Saw friction play there a couple of years ago, sound was so poor that i fucked off to another room. Icicle that same night in the tunnel though sounded amazing!

Haha yeah man it's me, you doing any nights in the future? I'll be doing the next couple of Dirty Note ones at B45.

I did the last couple of b45 ones with artful dodger and dj luck & mc neat but i've got exams now so taking a break until theyre over!

Back
Top Bottom