bass slide (pich) in logic

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dubsta, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

how do i get to make a bass slide in logic, cant find the pitch control. i want to automate the pitch on my sub to get that bass slide sound

2. wesStyle

wesStyle Member

Pitch Wheel? Or directly automate tune/detune parameter on your synth/sampler

3. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Go to the piano roll editor, click on the 3 bar icon

[​IMG]

Click on the down arrow next to the number scale, and all your midi controls will show.
    you can automate all of them, so click on Pitch Bend or whatever its called and you can automate the pitchbend within the MIDI region. Make sure that the nodes at the two extremes are inside the area of the region or else the pitch bend automation will be sustained for all the concurrent MIDI.

4. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Automating pitch is really hard to get in tune... why not use portamento instead?

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

You piece of pich

6. dbjungle

dbjungle DJ Syklone

Here's what I do for ease of use... I play a bass riff or whatever and use the pitch wheel and record it in my DAW (studio one). Then if I need to repeat this on another instrument I'll copy that midi data to the additional VST or my synth midi track and use a different sound. That way I can keep the pitch wheel part exactly the same for different sounds, parts, sub etc.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

7. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

As long as all the layers of the sound are pitchbending with the identical node settings and the start/end points are zeroed out, your bass will always stay in tune. Also, it helps to have the peak of the pitch be something harmonically relevant to the key. I typically will set the synth max bend (up) to +2, +3, +5 etc. so that the peak will still be in key with the tune as a whole.