Bad turn - critique appreciated!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Rahrah, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Rahrah

Rahrah Member

hope u like it

2. Wilko

Wilko New Member

Bad man vibes right here!

Crying out for a bit of variety though. Would perhaps pitch up and down your break edits at the end of each 4 bar. You could also throw in a few drum beat variations here and there just to break things up. Maybe some kind of melody on a break down.

Other than that. Sounds Top!

3. Rahrah

Rahrah Member

Cheers mate will work on that !

4. Apostata

Apostata Member

reall like the kick and snare, they sound very good. Nice track but as Wilko stated, some variety would do good.

I also think the intro is a bit too long by itself, unless you make something more happen in this time.

5. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Despite both of my fellow friends up there, I think the intro is at the right lenght, but for a LONGER track. Seriously, work more on those breaks and get it to 4-5 minutes and it'll fit perfectly.

6. DoublePlus

DoublePlus ++

Really liking this, keep up the good work!

I think the only thing it's missing is some kind of hook to make it stand out more and some variation.

7. Janek

Janek Member

This is good! I like the bass you use, sounds nice and deep!

8. JSpecter

JSpecter Member

Intro I like, hats sound nice and clean. I like that little shuffle here and there. Background atmosphere sounds good aswell nice and dark and moody. I was expecting another element before the drop like a vocal or quote / perhaps a reverb atmosphere of someone speaking or some kind of scene. I like this bass a lot! kind of gives me that Jubei vibe. Snare I like a lot and the drums as a whole I think sound just right. I do still feel there needs to be some kind of background element going on throughout the intro and the main hook just to fill it up a little more although I know you're going for that dark minimal vibe. Maybe a synth shot of some sort with a huge room of reverb and a 1/6 delay but at about 50% volume just to add a little flavour. Besides just a little variation on the drums after the end of this clip and maybe a few extra bass fills!

Great work, looking forward to hearing the end product!