B_51 - Next Level

Is that the next level podcast voice? This track has a underground reminder to me of the days back in 2000 or so. The drums could punch more and the song could be more dynamic. Not bad.

Nah it was a hip hop acapella i found in a sample pack some kind geezer put on the dogs on acid grid.
Yeah ive been having real problems with the drums couldnt get them to sound 'full' or less tinny etc. I thought I had sorted it (I was absolutely shattered and sick of fiddling with it), however after listening (just now) the drums still sound as grim as they first did. Grrr - Hair pulling moment haha.
Thanks for the feedback tho man! Big up

I have never finished a track or gotten anything right while making one. I always give up. But you know what? After time passes these things tend to work themselves out. Keep at it.

i really like this m8.
thought it was composed really well - kept my interest. great drum work - intricate little snares n hats . great stuff. nice atmos .
production was tight.
good stuff fella !
peace

You've got some nice movement and variation in those drums. To get the perfect kick/snare combo I would recommend downloading as many sample packs as you can find and get the right samples in there to begin with, then the eqing and other stuff should be easy.

Good atmos too! Keep at it mate!

Cheers guys, I've been back on it working on the drums after some great advice from lostinthesound. I think I've privated the track until I upload the new copy. Thanks for the comments!

Got round to sorting a few issues, drum 'dullness' etc and the lack of dynamics / stereo width. (well... I've tried to.)
Link in original post should now work :)

Big ups to lostinthesound and anyone else who gave advice etc :)

Back
Top Bottom