Atmospheric Drum and Bass / Autonomic Mix

DeployFX

EZ!

Just stopping by to open the Spring with some autonomic vibes and drum & bass off shoots. You're all welcomed to favorite / comment / follow on soundcloud if you have an account or on here as well.

Download link is available. :)

Tracklist:

01. bop - My Heart is in the Freezer
02. Aural Imbalance - Fibre Optic (Orange & Blue Into Orbit Remix)
03. Fields - Elemental
04. Sam KDC - A Perfect Night to Bustle
05. Synth Sense - Seeking You Feat. Anile Rose
06. Jammo - Everlife
07. Phobos Moon - Amber
08. June Miller - Coming Closer
09. Sam KDC - Three Point Zero
10. Synth Sense - Contact
11. ASC - No Time Like the Present
12. Jammo - Forever
13. Lauge & Gnohm - Structures
14. KMC - Magnetic Clouds
15. Skyweep - Coming Down
16. Synkro & Indigo - Reflection

Last edited:
Looks like an interesting TL DeployFX, so will give this a listen. Not heard any of the tunes in there apart from Reflections before, so this will be a highly educational Monday morning.

My Heart Is In The Freezer eases in very well with its echoed notes & subtle beat, not too much for an opening tune in an autonomic style mix. Fibre Optic rmx bleeped in nicely for more rolling drums to take hold in a tune that I wouldn't class as atmospheric or autonomic, but I'll go with it. Elementals plinked vibes settle on the top of Fibre Optic rmx, for a stripped back skipping drum & menacing simple bass to bounce in with A Perfect Night To Bustle. Whispered vocals of Seeking You announce the arrival of the next tune, with the beats filling in some of the parts of APNTB, creating a smidge more energy in the mix, to full effect :) Love the ASC style bounces & shuffle style punchy notes on the beat in this tune. Enjoyed hearing the faint drum kit style half time drum rolled structure of Everlife entering the mix, for a solitary couple of 32 bar sections to work wonder on their own before the tune drops to full effect. Wicked oriental notes of Amber merge off the back of Everlife effectively for another quality mix. Some relentless kick & rim shot beats steps step into Amber for what I believe is Coming Closer, then there it is, punching its own weight in the ride, with some drifting ambient melodies & feint female vocal whispers for good measure. Really enjoying this tune.

New beats on the ears from Three Point Zero were very nice to hear, like something bouncing off a piece of wood, but off key from the note of the beat. More faint vocals, but now from a male voice enter proceedings, with an additional beat & shaker in there, making way for Contact with its underlying drawn out spacey bass & sci-fi pads. Loved the bleeps bits before the drop of No Time Like The Present & the way ASC can make such diverse tunes from one tune too the next. Forever made its way in under the radar, with some similar beats to NTLTP & choice echoed note each bar, and changed 32 bar section before the breakdown, which was nice. Marching autonomic snares beat their way into Forever, for Structures to breakdown its way for the drop. A more steppy edge to all the tunes that had gone before, ramping up the energy again with that beat & Bop style melody in there. Magnetic Fields brought some clappy note in to make its self heard, before some effective female vocals sit a treat before the drop, filling in the beat of Structures (if that is still in- hard to tell, but if it is, its mixed really well), turning the energy up a notch again. That must have been Coming Down that I was talking about, as Reflections eases its way in, working wonders with the melodic pads in Coming Down. Respect for playing Reflections in your mix & reminding me of what a quality tune it is again :) & makes for a quality outro tune.

Very nice mix throughout man! No slips & the mixing from tune to tune was seamless, kept the flow going right the way through the ride, ramping up the energy levels occasionally, which was a wicked touch. Fav bits in there were A Perfect Night To Bustle - Seeking You & hearing Coming Closer for the first time, as well as the mix with Three Point Zero. Only minor comment would be that it has a low tunes to minutes ratio in my eyes. Not taking anything away from your mixing, which was quality, just would have liked to see around 20 tunes in a 54 min mix. Interested to see what you next mix shapes up to look like.

My next projects should be dropping in the next couple of weeks. Would appreciate if you could have a listen & jot some words when they surface.

The Watcha,

Thank you for taking the time to break down the mix in the matter of detail that you did. Wow! So much detail in the response! Much appreciated to see that there's some tunes in there you found to your liking as well as some new surprises. I also found June Miller's 'Coming Closer' to be one of those "peak tracks" in raising that momentum before 'Three Point Zero'.

The criticism of tunes per minute ratio is well-deserved and valid but none of the less I appreciate your level of honesty there and will take that in to consideration. I look forward to your next work. Thanks for listening. Once again, much appreciated. :)

The ambient Bop intro was great and the Orange & Blue remix fades in effortlessly. As does the Fields track which I like abit more than Fibre Optic, mix between these two was seamless.
A Perfect Night... sounds like a right bugger to mix with that double kick, but it worked well in the mix here, with Elemntal fading out in the background. Seeking You vocals to start the mix sounded wicked, not heard this Synth Sense tune before but loved it, need to bag.
Jammo tune sounded perfect coming onto the end of Seeking You, really long mix which I always prefer. The 'allow break then drop second tune' is a method I always use and sounded stunning here. After this I honestly dont know where I am, i assume the melodic bits at 21.40 are from Amber and the
big bass section is Coming Closer? This is how well the tunes worked together man.
Three Point Zero was abit of a contrast after June Miller's minimal track, but worked well coming off the end of Coming Closer, and gives you a chance to switch it up. The next Synth Sense tune was wicked, loved the deep space atmospherics and melodies. Incoming ASC's No Time Like the Present which
I know! Great blend here. The Forever - Structures mix was so smooth didnt even notice a track change really.
Magnetic Clouds (or Fields as it used to be called) is a tune I absolutely love so you got my praise by using this, breakdown in this tune is STUNNING, pure deep space vibes and possibly my fave KMC track. Really hard one to mix this as well seen as it was produced in about 1881 and I think is like, 165BPM?
Came in fairly well and if i didnt already know the tune I probably wouldnt have noticed a mix here if im honest.
Would have been really happy if you let the breakdown play but i understand why you didnt. Although could hear it creeping in the background of Coming Down, which btw is a great tune.
The outro of Reflection rounds off the mix perfectly and was once again mixed seamlessly (although i prefer the flip :P )

Fantastic mix mate, cant fault it at all really. Tracklist was totally on point, I love hearing tunes ive never heard before and this was basically full of that. Look forward to more mixes like this from you. Great to hear a mix of classic atmospheric and the slightly newer, updated sound as well. Big up!

The ambient Bop intro was great and the Orange & Blue remix fades in effortlessly. As does the Fields track which I like abit more than Fibre Optic, mix between these two was seamless.
A Perfect Night... sounds like a right bugger to mix with that double kick, but it worked well in the mix here, with Elemntal fading out in the background. Seeking You vocals to start the mix sounded wicked, not heard this Synth Sense tune before but loved it, need to bag.
Jammo tune sounded perfect coming onto the end of Seeking You, really long mix which I always prefer. The 'allow break then drop second tune' is a method I always use and sounded stunning here. After this I honestly dont know where I am, i assume the melodic bits at 21.40 are from Amber and the
big bass section is Coming Closer? This is how well the tunes worked together man.
Three Point Zero was abit of a contrast after June Miller's minimal track, but worked well coming off the end of Coming Closer, and gives you a chance to switch it up. The next Synth Sense tune was wicked, loved the deep space atmospherics and melodies. Incoming ASC's No Time Like the Present which
I know! Great blend here. The Forever - Structures mix was so smooth didnt even notice a track change really.
Magnetic Clouds (or Fields as it used to be called) is a tune I absolutely love so you got my praise by using this, breakdown in this tune is STUNNING, pure deep space vibes and possibly my fave KMC track. Really hard one to mix this as well seen as it was produced in about 1881 and I think is like, 165BPM?
Came in fairly well and if i didnt already know the tune I probably wouldnt have noticed a mix here if im honest.
Would have been really happy if you let the breakdown play but i understand why you didnt. Although could hear it creeping in the background of Coming Down, which btw is a great tune.
The outro of Reflection rounds off the mix perfectly and was once again mixed seamlessly (although i prefer the flip :P )

Fantastic mix mate, cant fault it at all really. Tracklist was totally on point, I love hearing tunes ive never heard before and this was basically full of that. Look forward to more mixes like this from you. Great to hear a mix of classic atmospheric and the slightly newer, updated sound as well. Big up!

Thank your review Obey, enjoyed reading this including all the details in there. Making mixes is one thing, but love to hear the feedback to see how people perceive them, as I am always amazed people find different things that they enjoy. It's been a while since I've put together an 'up to date' set, despite the fact that some of the tracks heard are a couple of years old but not widely played out. You're right about the bit around 21:00, that's Amber before the half-noted June Miller track comes in. I love that style of 170! With that steady half-note bass drum (Synkro's Broken Promise, Sam KDC 8.1, come to mind, for example) can make a set sound quite dynamic and not too pigeon-holed to a set of breaks.

Haha. I also agree, I do like the flip to Reflections a little better, but can't deny those breaks every 16. Might be a while before I work on something similar to this, as I want to try something a little more darker-edged and see what turns out, some cool tracks out there by the same vein of producers. Once again, thanks for the review man, much appreciated as always. :)

Back
Top Bottom