Are you guys into the hard stuff?

if ur in an angry mood tho.. bit of counterstike :gun:

I always thought Counterstrike were the most diverse. My favourite era for this sort of stuff was a few years ago. When Centaspike had that track out on Barcode. I think it had Search and Destroy by Donny on the flip. Big release!

As for metal...
Yeah I like some of Atreyu's bits although I don't really listen to them much.

I was really into Mudvayne a few years ago and I still listen to their LD50 album every now and then. Under My Skin has really grown on my and Dig is a classic. I have no idea how he screams that fast.
I'm not really up to date with metal though. I just mainly listen to Tool although its not really metal.
I feel that most of the new bands are all influenced by each other and barely any of them have anything unique about them.
Hacktivist are pretty good. The rapper is alright although he makes me cringe at times. Mainly because he reminds me of someone I know though lol.

my room mate likes metal that has stupidly fast drumming and u can't understand the lyrics.

not sure what genre that is. but its iight....

my room mate likes metal that has stupidly fast drumming and u can't understand the lyrics.

not sure what genre that is. but its iight....

I like the fast drumming it is pretty good. Its just that there really isn't any groove to a lot of it. Its the same with a lot of metal. Its just solid and robotic. Some of it is too perfect as well. A lot of it is quantized as well. But yeah what is the point of lyrics when you can't even hear them?
Some bands have a political message that they want to portray, but you can't fucking understand what they are saying. It makes me feel that their views on whatever subject are just bullshit and are doing it to try and stand out.

I've done two Therapy Sessions, one in London for halloween and one in Brighton and foockin' hell were they good. Saw The Panacea at the London night.... jesus christ. He literally destroyed the dj booth, never seen a dj quite so energetic. Saw Donny, Dylan, Gein, Kitech, Bkey amongst others too. Would still like to Limewax, permitting he's playing stuff like Everything and not the crazy pots and pans drums that drill my head in.

376897_260819617297086_158811838_n.jpg

The Panacea destroying The Rhythm Factory. Me and my mates were dressed up in chemical suits and gas masks running around the place like retards.

I used to love Limewax but not a fan of his newer hardcore type stuff. I saw him once at Therapy Sessions Miami @ the WMC 2007.

another one of my favs when it comes to this kind of dnb

about limewax, think I saw him 4 or 5 times already. the more I see him, the more I like his sets. he's still playing his older stuff wich is awesome. about producing, prefer the older ones waaaay more

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be really into the hard, 'klang klang' skullstep stuff, but over the years I've just got really bored of it. It just got to a point where it sounded like producers were trying to cram in as many drum hits as possible without any groove, and for me the sound hasn't really evolved much over the years.

Saying that, tunes like CV's remix of Symptomless Coma and Limewax's One of Them still get rinsed! And I still really like that Technoid sound that Proket was owning a few years back, much better than Crossbreed.

Has anyone given Machine Code's new LP a listen? Was pretty impressed - good to hear elements of Neurofunk being combined with the more industrial sound.

For me, this is harder dnb stuff:

The shit you posted is no dnb at all. Sounds like Schranz and this is fuckin shit.

i like harder forms of music but this style of dnb i could never get into, it sounds to chaotic and aggressive and lacking that hypnotic effect that harder music has when you become used to it the way black metal does..i prefer gabber, speedcore, break core, industrial, and when it comes to dnb darker styles like jubei.

nice one harry!

The shit you posted is no dnb at all. Sounds like Schranz and this is fuckin shit.

From all the posted tunes, show me one that sounds a little bit like this

nice one harry!

From all the posted tunes, show me one that sounds a little bit like this

I don't know, but the first one reminds me on Schranz, that'S why I said it.

Back
Top Bottom