Anyone use Platinum Notes? Settings?

its basically Izotope's multiband compressor, automated.

I use Izotopes plugins for various post tasks, and they don't do a passable job when left on preset settings, auto settings or learn settings, they always need tweeking, and in most cases need setting up from scratch. i have yet to come across a single processor which can "automatically" fix sound problem without needing some tweeking by a person;

why anyone would put professionally mastered tracks through an automated multiband compressor...argh...

reading some reviews, it looks like its using a more complicated tool to basically "Normalize" a music collection...that function found in CD burning software that I'm pretty sure no producer ever uses...

Last edited:
Yes setting standard levels is would be the reason I would want to use. Some tracks come in really loud and would like to tame them down to a somewhat uniform level.. and boost some older tracks.

Not sure about the clip repair or any other features, just wondering what experience anyone has had and what it does to DnB tracks.

I have used this for a good few years as tracks these days tend to be mastered at ridiculously high levels with clips all over the place. It's great for levelling out vinyl rips against mp3's as well in terms of volumes.

From memory if you contact them directly you can send them a file and they'll send you the comparison file back.

As much as there's an argument for messing with professionally mastered music we all know the loudness wars argument is extremely valid.

I have used this for a good few years as tracks these days tend to be mastered at ridiculously high levels with clips all over the place. It's great for levelling out vinyl rips against mp3's as well in terms of volumes.

From memory if you contact them directly you can send them a file and they'll send you the comparison file back.

As much as there's an argument for messing with professionally mastered music we all know the loudness wars argument is extremely valid.

djsimm - what features do you use and what settings do you use for setting volume levels? Do you use the default setup or something different?

djsimm - what features do you use and what settings do you use for setting volume levels? Do you use the default setup or something different?

I turned off the pitch correction as I'm not into that but this is what I have on mine:

2a00pl4.png

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to lie. I can't remember making many / any changes when I set it up?!

Back
Top Bottom