Album/Albums of the decade? (2010-2019)

808 Dnb

VIP Junglist
Had to get an LP related thread going since @The Watcha stole my baby...

So let’s hear it, what’s the best Album of the decade? Or if you’d prefer top 5 or 10 LPs since narrowing it down to one is a task :teeth:

For me it has to be Spectrasoul’s Delay No More. There’s a reason I’m so critical of their current output and that is because their debut was absolutely brilliant. It’s a perfectly balanced experience, a true album IMO. Years ahead of its time sonically, it sounds as tho it could of come out yesterday. Certified fresh, an all time classic. (10/10)

I really liked Metrik's albums Universal Language and Life/Thrills, some great melodic and punchy production on those.

Marvel Cinema - Solarfly
Marvel Cinema - Subcultures
Big Bud - Kool Beans
Ego Trippin - All City
Dominator - The People's Champion

No particular order, and probably not even close to a complete list, but a lot of these are just me going to look over at my CD rack and my old iPhone. Some I’m sure I missed because they weren’t available on CD :teeth:

Both Nu:Logic LPs
Tokyo Prose - Presence
LSB - Content
Marcus Intalex - 21 :lighter:
All of Calibre’s albums (even though two of them weren’t dnb-based, they’re still solid)
Logistics - Spacejams (even though it’s kind of a cop-out since it was a compilation of stuff from the 00s), Electric Sun, Hologram
S.P.Y - Back To Basics
All 3 Spectrasoul LPs, though I’d have to pick The Mistress as my favorite of them
Nu:Tone - Future History (I know he’s busy but he’s overdue for a new album)
Nymfo - Characters
Klute - Whatever It Takes
Instra:mental - Timelines
Hugh Hardie - Shadows & Silhouettes
Culture Shock - Sequence (again, kind of a cop-out)
All of Break’s albums
Naibu - Corners
A/I - Timeline
Technimatic - Better Perspective
Commix - Dusted
Blue Mar Ten - Empire State
Riya - Sublimation
Dom & Roland - Last Refuge of a Scoundrel
Brookes Brothers - self-titled (oh, to be 25 again :lol: )
Black Barrel - Last Frontier
Need For Mirrors - Swim
Hydro (& War) - Lateral Thinking
London Elektricity - Are We There Yet, Building Better Worlds
Zero T - Little Pieces

Edit: just ordered Burning Shadows since it’s been recommended in this thread. It came out right around when I was just starting to get into the genre so I don’t think I would have appreciated it then tbh

Last edited:
Mark System - Mark System
Tokyo Prose - Presence
SPKTRM - Android Dreams

There are lots of other "good" albums, but these ones I consider perfect. They're the only ones I can think of that I keep coming back to and listen to from start to finish.

Stoked to see so much love for Tokyo Prose - Presence here - its still the only album that I've been 100% happy with putting on around non-dnb people (including in the car with the girlfriends parents) and it has always gone down a treat...for me the flow is perfect; there's plenty of variation (bpm and style, as well as vocal vs instrumental tunes), and I have listened to it so many times without getting sick of it.

I haven't given the whole Wild Grace album enough plays to compare, but I find Trick of the Light and Innate Motion stand out so much (and I thrash them) that the other tunes are almost forgotten. I can't think of the standout tunes on Presence, which maybe is why it works so well as a single piece of work!

Stoked to see so much love for Tokyo Prose - Presence here - its still the only album that I've been 100% happy with putting on around non-dnb people (including in the car with the girlfriends parents) and it has always gone down a treat...for me the flow is perfect; there's plenty of variation (bpm and style, as well as vocal vs instrumental tunes), and I have listened to it so many times without getting sick of it.

I haven't given the whole Wild Grace album enough plays to compare, but I find Trick of the Light and Innate Motion stand out so much (and I thrash them) that the other tunes are almost forgotten. I can't think of the standout tunes on Presence, which maybe is why it works so well as a single piece of work!
Agreed 100%. I think the two tunes you mentioned, being on the part 1 vinyl, were originally schedules for release on Soul:R

And just throwing a few more in:

Naibu – Manœuvres
Goldie – The Journey Man
Ulterior Motive – The Fourth Wall
Shogun Audio – Way of the Warrior

Anyone got a list :lol:

Dom & Roland - Last Refuge Of A Scoundrel
Blocks & Escher - Something Blue
Calibre - All of his albums
Paradox - Ramifications
DRS - I Don't Usually Like MC's But....
Brakken - Defiance