advice on this bass please....

yeahh this^^^ and for filters.... fab filter is pretty good.. sugar bytes WOW filter is good... for now depending on what DAW you have the default one should do.. i still use logic auto-filter sometimes!

yeahh this^^^ and for filters.... fab filter is pretty good.. sugar bytes WOW filter is good... for now depending on what DAW you have the default one should do.. i still use logic auto-filter sometimes!

I use logic also but cant seem to get the evolving, constantly changing sound with the auto-filter. I always just seem to end up with a generic dubstep LFO'y sound....if that makes any sense lol. il look up these filters tho.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Stereo panning also

Could you elaborate on that mate.....do you mean panning different layers of the bass sound to different areas?

Its always good to lay em out first and automate after. OR, like we discussed in another thread, Run two basses side chain compress them to each other with two different lfo's. Its takes some playing with, but it bears great results.

I use logic also but cant seem to get the evolving, constantly changing sound with the auto-filter. I always just seem to end up with a generic dubstep LFO'y sound....if that makes any sense lol. il look up these filters tho.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Could you elaborate on that mate.....do you mean panning different layers of the bass sound to different areas?

I think an easy mistake that gets made is thinking that an LFO is needed to create these basses, I'd put money on it being various envelopes attached to filter cutoff's and resonance, as opposed to the LFO.

I'm finding recently that envelopes offer more control over what exactly you're wanting the filter to do too. Unfortunately my favorite synth only has a handful of envelopes to working with.

I think an easy mistake that gets made is thinking that an LFO is needed to create these basses, I'd put money on it being various envelopes attached to filter cutoff's and resonance, as opposed to the LFO.

Yea man that does make sense...cheers

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

also i notice some of you guys have your latest track appear at the bottom of your post's. how do you set this up??

Of course. If your using massive, the loop function on the envelope can create some seriously good shapes which when used on the cutoff or resonance or whatever can provide some incredible movement. Layer that with movement on the wavetable or whatever, frequency split and apply different processing and the results are incredibly tasty

Back
Top Bottom